GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot/Barclays Overdraft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot/Barclays Overdraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/Barclays Overdraft

Hello all.

I received a letter today from Cabot Financial stating that they have bought an account of mine that was with Apex. It suggests that I contact their customer consultant team!
    The background to this is that from 2004 I received random correspondence from Apex asking me to set a payment plan for a debt of around £550 for which they listed an account number and a creditor name of "Mercedes", neither of which made any sense to me. I ignored the Apex letters.

Today's Cabot letter however states that the debt is for a Barclay's current account. As this seems to be linked to a very old overdraft (must be SB) should I ignore for now, or would it be safer to send a request for more information?

Many thanks for any help.

Re: Cabot/Barclays Overdraft

Send the prove it template mate (in AAD+ - Templates).
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy, will do

Comment

19/08/2015

from Cabot Financial stating that they have bought an account of mine that was with Apex. It suggests that I contact their customer consultant team!
        The background to this is that from 2004 I received random correspondence from Apex asking me to set a payment plan for a debt of around £550 for which they listed an account number and a creditor name of "Mercedes", neither of which made any sense to me. I ignored the Apex letters.

Today's Cabot letter however states that the debt is for a Barclay's current account. This, if true, must be linked to a very old overdraft (will be SB ith)

19/08/2015 Prove it letter sent "signed for" after advice from Niddy
        Last edited by bosdog; 19 August 2015, 22:18.

Comment

Good luck
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bosdog View Post
            Which was good advice

Plan B x

Comment

Apex is part of the Cabot Empire. They have not sold it on, they are just using a revised letter head, and have at most passed it over to another desk. The same woman signing letters.

Cabot seems to be more litigious than Apex. I will be interesting to see what they are up to.

Comment

I just happened on one of those letters sign by the lovurly Deborah Green. It says that Cabot Credit Management Group has recently bought the account I held with Apex Credit Management and the letter serves as a Notice of Assignment. How strange! Obviously Debs is no longer talking to herself.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                  I just happened on one of those letters sign by the lovurly Deborah Green. It says that Cabot Credit Management Group has recently bought the account I held with Apex Credit Management and the letter serves as a Notice of Assignment. How strange! Obviously Debs is no longer talking to herself.
                  Christ that is NOT a valid NoA - great, let's await their claim then for a debt they aren't entitled to

#NiddyTactics

Comment

UPDATE 03/09/15

19/08/2015

from Cabot Financial stating that they have bought an account of mine that was with Apex. It suggests that I contact their customer consultant team!

Today's Cabot letter however states that the debt is for a Barclay's current account. This, if true, must be linked to a very old overdraft (will be SB ith)

03/09/15 Letter from Apex "I am sorry that you have had to raise concerns with us....we will conduct thorough investigation...we will then write to you again.. please find enclosed a copy of our Complaints Procedure for your information"

Comment

UPDATE 24/09/15

19/08/2015

03/09/15 Letter from Apex "I am sorry that you have had to raise concerns with us....we will conduct thorough investigation...we will then write to you again.. please find enclosed a copy of our Complaints Procedure for your information"

24/09/15 Letter from Apex "further to our previous letter...I am continuing to investigate your concerns..apologies for any inconvenience this delay may cause...I will write again no later than 8 weeks from the date we received your complaint"

Comment

They shouldn't be hassling you until they're sure you do owe something. Idiots always do it back to front!

Comment

UPDATE 22/10/15

19/08/2015 from Cabot Financial stating that they have bought an account of mine that was with Apex. It suggests that I contact their customer consultant team!

24/09/15 Letter from Apex "further to our previous letter...I am continuing to investigate your concerns..apologies for any inconvenience this delay may cause...I will write again no later than 8 weeks from the date we received your complaint"

21/10/2015 "you have referred to Regulatory Guidelines (AAD prove it letter) .....I have contacted Barclay's in an attempt to obtain documentation... have not received any reply...have made the decision to close your account and you will not receive any further contact in relation to this matter...In addition we are not reporting the account to the CRA's....this is my final response under the terms of our complaints process....

Superb result, massive thanks to All of you guy's with extra special thanks to Niddy and the AAD Team and for such fantastic support and for producing such wonderful template letters.

Comment

Awesome result. Well done

Comment

Great news, well done.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                              X