GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script It's all gone quiet. What next? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's all gone quiet. What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all gone quiet. What next?

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've been here, basically because it's all gone quiet!

Barclaycard sold my debt on to First Credit who got in touch around a year ago asking for immediate payment, etc etc.

A firm unenforceability letter was duly dispatched, and the last I heard, they'd gone back to Barclaycard to request the paperwork Barclaycard clearly do not have.

As I've not heard back from them, I can only presume Barclaycard have not provided.

My credit report is currently showing the debt as 'US' - Unknown Status.

So my question is, is there anything I can do about this? Neither Barclaycard nor First Credit have been in touch for over six months. The debt is apparently unenforceable. They have not issued any new default notices. Is there any chance at all of demanding the debt be wiped from the records? Or is that pushing it a bit too far?

Thanks in advance!

Re: It's all gone quiet. What next?

Great. UE is a game of poker. Stay hidden / quiet. Don't worry. Leave them till they contact you again.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

in this game, six months is nothing, we hadn't heard from some of ours for over three years...............

When will this debt be SB?

Comment

Isn't Statute Barred 6 years from the last lender contact? In which case, I've got about 5 and a half to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Dadof2 View Post
          Isn't Statute Barred 6 years from the last lender contact? In which case, I've got about 5 and a half to go...
          It's when you last paid anything .......
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh, ok... Well, only 4 and a half years or thereabouts then!

Comment

Agree with Mrs D and Niddy - six months is nothing really. I had one with nothing for eighteen months , then wham. Stay down and don't even think about it - or they will hear your thoughts!
              DT

Comment

Working...
              X