GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Trouble with Link - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Link

Dear Experts,

I had a card taken out from Egg initially.

This was transferred to Barclay Card. At some point, I had difficulty in keeping up with payments due to loss of employment. I made arrangement to pay minimal amount and this was also broken at some point.

This was recently transferred to Link Financial after many years.

Prior to this, I had a payment agreement with Barclay card but did not realise that the former egg card was not included. I did not follow-up with Link as I was under the impression that I already had an arrangement with Barclay card. I also got letters from another company which kind of left me confused as to who I should be dealing with. Link soon went to County Court and by the time I responded to the court papers, Judgement has been passed against me to pay over £200 monthly.

I contacted to say I am unable to pay that amount on a monthly basis so agreed to pay £35 monthly. Link Financial have now placed a charge on my property which is placing me and the family under enormous stress.

I am currently waiting for a court date re: charge on the property. I have been promised personal loans from family and friends for about £2500 but Link have refused that saying that they will only accept £3,500.

The original credit card balance transferred to Link was £3,734 but this has gone up to £4475 due to added court costs. I would like some advice/guidance on how to get them off the property. I hope I have not left it too late.

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Re: Trouble with Link

Hello and to AAD.

Your major worry is the charging order on your home so let's deal with that first.

Is the property in joint names or in your sole name?

Was the Egg/Barclaycard debt in your name? You've implied that there may have been more than one Barclays product which was consolidated before the CCJ. Was there a bank account too which may/may not have been in joint names?

You say you're currently waiting for a court date re the CO so can we assume that at present there may be an interim CO with a hearing in the pipeline to decide a full CO?

You currently have a CCJ which is an instalment order for £200 per month (not a 'forthwith' order) which you have not been able to sustain, but you have an informal arrangement (not a court variation of the order) for £35 per month instead with Link.

If you're not planning to sell your home in the foreseeable future you may be worrying unnecessarily depending on your answers to the above questions.

Comment

Hang in there someone will be here shortly to help xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Soz plan missed your post
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi PlanB,

Thanks for your input.
          You are right my main worry is the charging order on the home. The home issolely in my name.
          Their are two Barclay Cards, however they were not consolidated and both aresolely in my name.

An interim CO is in place and I now have a hearing date for full CO - 02/12.

And you are fully correct: I have a CCJ which is an instalment order for £200+per month (not a 'forthwith' order) which you have not been able to sustain,but you have an informal arrangement (not a court variation of the order) for£35 per month instead with Link.

What is a "fortwith order"?
          Is it advisable to apply for a variation order for £35?
          I also do not intend to sell the home in the near furture but what are the riskof Link/IDR Finance forcing sale of the property?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X