GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowells chasing, probably SB. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowells chasing, probably SB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells chasing, probably SB.

Hi all,

A bit of advice please. My son has had a letter from Lowells about a Barclaycard account offering him a 50% discount partial settlement deal. My son is absolutely sure that he hasn't used the account or made any payment or contacted them for over 6 years, but he's never kept any paperwork over the years so its just his word, though I'm pretty sure he's probably right. Should we go straight in with an SB letter, or should we start with a CCA request and get some paperwork/statements from them first just to make sure?

Regards

Seamus.

Re: Lowells chasing, probably SB.

SB letter = let them prove if wrong? see what others say!

be aware of any phantom payments from them??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I agree with the Tech Clerk on this one.

It is a shame that you haven't got any paperwork to prove your case, but I think this is one case where you need to become a poker player and use a bit of bluff. Clownell will not know that you haven't retained any paperwork, so, for now, act as though you have.

The fact that they are leading with a 50% off deal is a sure sign that they know their position is weak, and they may well know that the account is SB. They are almost certainly trying it on, hoping that you don't know.

If you send an SB letter, there is every chance that they will cave in and the game will be over without them ever knowing that you don't have any paperwork. If that doesn't work, you can always use SAR or whatever you need to get the paperwork anyway.

SH

Comment

I personally would err on the side of prudence here and send a CCA Request first for his own protection, as if they get a whiff of it possibly being Statute Barred there's nothing to stop them issuing a speculative claim, which although defendable is an unnecessary hassle. An initial CCA Request will backfoot them and prevent any further action till they comply. Then send the SB letter

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          I personally would err on the side of prudence here and send a CCA Request first for his own protection, as if they get a whiff of it possibly being Statute Barred there's nothing to stop them issuing a speculative claim, which although defendable is an unnecessary hassle. An initial CCA Request will backfoot them and prevent any further action till they comply. Then send the SB letter
          I agree. CCA it is for me - but what do I know
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm going to do as Elsa and Niddy suggest and send off a CCA request first for the sake of a pound then the SB letter. What surprises me is that for over 6 years my son has simply binned every letter he has received from any DCA and yet they haven't put in a claim against him. Maybe they just overlooked it

S

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus View Post
              I'm going to do as Elsa and Niddy suggest and send off a CCA request first for the sake of a pound then the SB letter. What surprises me is that for over 6 years my son has simply binned every letter he has received from any DCA and yet they haven't put in a claim against him. Maybe they just overlooked it

S
              wise choice. Just send a cca and let me see the result mate. We'll go from there....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Comment

Working...
                X