GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One/Credit Solutions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One/Credit Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One/Credit Solutions

A couple of months ago Capital One out of the blue contacted me to say they were referring my ''account'' to CLS......I had early settled with them 4 years ago...no correspondence since.
    I have complained and they have taken the account back from CLS but want the full balance....out of all the people i owed money to they are the only ones i have not kept the correspondence on ....I am ..or at least i thought i was ..debt free.
    I assume the only way forward is to take the unenforcibility route?

Account was opened in 2004

Re: Capital One/Credit Solutions

How much are they chasing, and exactly when was last payment - if you can remember / have a record.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Approximately £1400 and April 2010 i sent my agreed monthly amount of £15 according to them.
      I know this is a relatively low amount to owe...but it kind of grates that i know i came to an agreement and they want it again...i owed £50k at one point (not proud of it) and thought i was past all this ...

TIA

Note..i don't have bank records going back that far and don't know how much i sent them as a full and final settlement ..I just know i did....they were the second creditor i cleared ..as i sorted out the small ones first.
      Last edited by headache; 26 April 2014, 10:03.

Comment

anyone able to offer any advice?

Comment

I am a bit stuck - but didn't want to read and run.

To m, thee doesn't seem much point in sending a CCA request. However, might be worth sending a SAR request.

I would assume that most (if not all the current balance is going to be down to charges / late fees etc - the SAR would give you his info
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            I am a bit stuck - but didn't want to read and run.

To m, thee doesn't seem much point in sending a CCA request. However, might be worth sending a SAR request.

I would assume that most (if not all the current balance is going to be down to charges / late fees etc - the SAR would give you his info
            Thanks for the reply...i was previously on a DMP...and the interest was stopped from being charged and little in the way of fees...and the balance is as it was four years ago
            This just feels so unfair as i know i sent them a settlement amount...i just can't prove it.
            In the letter i received yesterday they sent copy statements for the last few years, none of which they actually sent me! Four years of silence and then this

Comment

If you send a SAR to Cap One data controller requesting all the information they hold on you including all statements, correspondence etc...... you may get the answers you need. You never know what information they have that ma be useful. A SAR they have 40+2 days to respond and during this time they cant take action against you..
              My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuttsi View Post
                If you send a SAR to Cap One data controller requesting all the information they hold on you including all statements, correspondence etc...... you may get the answers you need. You never know what information they have that ma be useful. A SAR they have 40+2 days to respond and during this time they cant take action against you..
                Thank you...yes i was thinking that I have nothing to lose by requesting one...is there a fee?..Alongside the request I will ask what they've been doing for four years

Comment

Fee for a SAR is £10

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                    Fee for a SAR is £10
                    thank you

Comment

You say that you don't have bank records going back that far, what about sending a SAR to the bank as well as this will show when the payment was taken, just in case their records are not complete .....

Comment

This is the link to the SAR Request template --->http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...subject-access

Read this first.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                          You say that you don't have bank records going back that far, what about sending a SAR to the bank as well as this will show when the payment was taken, just in case their records are not complete .....
                          Thanks...but i don't know exactly how much the payment was for...but i will be contacting them in connection with Capital One

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            This is the link to the SAR Request template --->http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...subject-access

Read this first.
                            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post

Read this first.
                              How long does it take to get authorised so i can view the template?

Comment

Working...
                              X