GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script home visit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

home visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home visit

hi guys
    can anyone direct me to the area i need to pull off the template letter regarding home visits? have apex debt management on me telling me they are visiting for coffee! would like to tell them to go do one.

thanks in advance x

Re: home visit

----------> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
    Last edited by Deepie; 4 April 2013, 10:03.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Did they offer to bring Biscuits? if not tell them to leg it! = spongers.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          And make sure they are Mcvitties chocolate ones.....They can afford it

On a serious note - Get them a good letter sent off and get a proof of posting from the Post office. Try not to worry about the threat of home visits/ Doorstep collectors ect

In most cases it wont happen..... If it does.....

Just either dont answer the door if it is somebody you dont know or if you have opened the door...

Either tell them no thankyou/ In Writing only and close the door or when they say Mr/Mrs xxxxxxxx Just say sorry I think you've got the wrong address and close the door - You are under no obligation to speak with them and they have absolutely no power to enter your house or threaten anything.

I've had Apex threatening home visits to me for about 6 months and never seen anybody yet!

Keep all correspondance in writing only and you wont go far wrong
          Last edited by Spud; 4 April 2013, 12:23.

Comment

Apex the DCA that confuses the hell out of itself let alone its clients.

Comment

thanks guys!

some god posts there that made me chukkle! letter sent off so no biscuits required! lol x

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                duly signed

Comment

Several years ago I was threatened with visits. I sent off a letter telling them not to bother. We spent the next 6 months not answering the door, and creeping around. It was tough. Although I was working and leaving home at 7 and getting back after 8, I scoured the parked cars for people ready to pounce.

Then when I did a SAR to the original creditor, I was sent the screen prints of a series of DCAs' 'treatment'.

One of the DCAs had threatened visits. They noted my letter, but also noted that they visited on several occasions, and noone was at home. They appeared to increase the debt with 'collection activities'.

However, I was very annoyed to see that they had 'interviewed' neighbours. I don't know what was said but the neighbour a few doors down was reported as saying he would not speak to them. They noted his telephone number (?). Another neighbour approached was to be available later that evening.

So much for privacy.

Comment

I think it's wrong that dcas can question your neighbours about you, but it's apparently legal for them to do so
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

When i first defaulted with Sainsbury's loans they used to send these almost like post cards saying "a representative will call to your home on x at x to discuss your repayments". Never saw, or heard of anyone. Hopefully, you won't either, but if you did - just remember, tell them to bugger off!
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Postcards, yes, I've had a few of them. Never seen anyone either, touch wood. Could the postcard bit be an attempt to embarrass the intended recipient? Bang out of order

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
                          Could the postcard bit be an attempt to embarrass the intended recipient? Bang out of order
                          I think that's exactly what their intentions were in my case. Just a shame i don't
                          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                            When i first defaulted with Sainsbury's loans they used to send these almost like post cards saying "a representative will call to your home on x at x to discuss your repayments". Never saw, or heard of anyone. Hopefully, you won't either, but if you did - just remember, tell them to bugger off!

Usual card call to your home = Telephone call, just another harrasement tool used widely by some DCAs, they stoop too low in their games. as bad as the may/might/thinking in their letters.

Comment

Society makes out debt is a taboo subject.

That suits the creditors because they can use the embarressment factor to do their dirty jobs.

Of course everybody is just one mistake away from joining the ranks of being in debt.

And show me the person who never made a mistake in their life. Think the last one got nailed to a cross which still seems a prety big mistake in my book.

Suspect that millionaire who took on Barclays a few months back didnt think when he did he was going to be bankrupted by the bank. But he was. And now he is as broke as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X