GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Render De Vere Credit Loan Unenforceable - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render De Vere Credit Loan Unenforceable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render De Vere Credit Loan Unenforceable

I took out a loan with De Vere Credit in Sept 04, to purchase a 70 year timeshare option on a lodge in Lincolnshire.
    A couple of years back i had the loan looked into with a view to rendering it unenforceable. The full audit showed there were several breaches in the loan - i could not follow this through at the time and would like to look into this.
    Several years back De Vere credit sold the debts onto another company.
    Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Render De Vere Credit Loan Unenforceable

Originally posted by goldstone View Post
    I took out a loan with De Vere Credit in Sept 04, to purchase a 70 year timeshare option on a lodge in Lincolnshire.
    A couple of years back i had the loan looked into with a view to rendering it unenforceable. The full audit showed there were several breaches in the loan - i could not follow this through at the time and would like to look into this.
    Several years back De Vere credit sold the debts onto another company.
    Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Can you post up a little more background to put everything in context. Are you currently paying this loan and is the timeshare still 'live'

A lot of timeshare loans were sold through the property company as all part of the deal and some were secured on people's main home - was yours? Even if the loan agreement isn't unenforcable it may have been missold so keep an open mind on your options at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
      Can you post up a little more background to put everything in context. Are you currently paying this loan and is the timeshare still 'live'

A lot of timeshare loans were sold through the property company as all part of the deal and some were secured on people's main home - was yours? Even if the loan agreement isn't unenforcable it may have been missold so keep an open mind on your options at this stage
      Ok - yes i am still paying the loan, which is due to end in Jan 14 and yes the timeshare is still live - thou i havent paid my maintenance fee for this year.
      No the loan was not secured on my house.
      If you require any more info, just let me know.
      Many thanks.

Comment

That was quick

From what you say you still have use of the timeshare facility and everything is up-to-date financially speaking with no debt issues other than the fact there has been a change of ownership. But you also say that several years ago the OC "sold the debts onto another company" so are there some arrears or default charges etc added to this loan which are causing you problems

If there is an issue with the maintenance charges which you haven't paid you may be able to challenge these .

Comment

Originally posted by goldstone View Post
          If you require any more info, just let me know.
          Many thanks.
          One more thing. As I understand it De Vere may still own (or they'll be held in trust?) your timeshare weeks but the company who provided you with the associated finance may have changed hands

If you are having financial difficulties you can always sell those remaining weeks to recover some of the money you owe (if the agreement is not UE). De Vere have an active re-sale department which could help you. See here:

http://www.deveretimeshareresales.com/how-to-sell.aspx

Wait and see what Niddy says about your agreement first

Comment

Working...
          X