GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script question for a friend please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for a friend please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for a friend please

what section of the exchanges act of 1882 explains that if a person or company buys a personal debt from another company, they have in effect paid that debt in full for the original debtor . therefore rendering the debt unenforceable ?

thank you

Re: question for a friend please

Bills of Exchange Act 1882 - Bills of Exchange Act 1882

It doesn't say what you describe, what makes you think that is the case? Wouldn't s.136 Law of Property Act 1925 be more relevant by thought of assignment?

--> Law of Property Act 1925
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thanks niddy, i will have to wait until my friend comes to visit as i have no idea what he is talking about and if he is here then he can explain better.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        thanks niddy, i will have to wait until my friend comes to visit as i have no idea what he is talking about and if he is here then he can explain better.
        I kinda hinted above, tell your friend to refer to s.136 Law of Property Act, which is what assignment falls under.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I kinda hinted above, tell your friend to refer to s.136 Law of Property Act, which is what assignment falls under.

I will show him when he visits next, the debt he is talking about is his son's, a dca bought his son's mobile contract .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
            I will show him when he visits next, the debt he is talking about is his son's, a dca bought his son's mobile contract .
            I doubt that. They'll have assigned the debt in line with s.136 (see above). He's probably mis-interpreted the actual facts.

Comment

I know where your friend is going with this.

Its the argument used by another forum that believes you are a Freeman of the land, and the debt is owed by your strawman.

They use the Bills of Exchange Act as well as Copywrighting their Coperate Name (Mr Joe Bloggs) and send Estopels to creditors who write to them under that name.

It doesnt work in my opinion, as Niddy has just pointed out to you, there are other laws which would take president in a court.

You have to remember, we deal with Statutory Courts, which rely on Statutory Law, they will not hear anything about Freeman vs strawman, and will not want to listen to how the law is shaped since Maritime.

On a personal note, it is interesting how courts use us as the fiction and not as a human being, and technically you could try and argue that you represent your fiction as to avoid stuff, but it never works in reality.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X