GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Amex Regain - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amex Regain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amex Regain

Hi Niddy/All.

Ive been dealing with these for the past couple of years now. I recently had to ring them as my payments were being returned - apparently theyd been taken over and all account numbers had changed).

Theyve been okay but lately theyll ring at least once a week, i dont answer, now ive had an email saying the 6 monthly agreement is up (even though ive had nothing previous from them) and they want a payslip and bank statement before theyll accept another 6 months...oooh and a reduced offer.

My main question is do I Have to provide these 2 items? if they stop me paying reduced payments will they take me to court even though the courts can see im paying them?

Sorry if its all basic and been asked before.
    Cheers.

Re: Amex Regain

Originally posted by sinbin View Post
    Hi Niddy/All.

Ive been dealing with these for the past couple of years now. I recently had to ring them as my payments were being returned - apparently theyd been taken over and all account numbers had changed).

Theyve been okay but lately theyll ring at least once a week, i dont answer, now ive had an email saying the 6 monthly agreement is up (even though ive had nothing previous from them) and they want a payslip and bank statement before theyll accept another 6 months...oooh and a reduced offer.

My main question is do I Have to provide these 2 items? if they stop me paying reduced payments will they take me to court even though the courts can see im paying them?

Sorry if its all basic and been asked before.
    Cheers.
    Have a read here--------->IE requested - allaboutFORUMS
    Last edited by Deepie; 29 May 2012, 07:24.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Amex Regain

Sorry Niddy i forgot to add that I think Amex Regain are part of Barclays bank (who i opened a seperate account with when my debt problems first started)
      I originally banked with hsbc then transferred my work wages to the barclays account, now ive reversed it back to hsbc when you said it was possible barclays could raid my account. I guess what im trying to say is that could Barclays on Amex behalf go into my account details anyway and provide info i previously didnt declare such as a recent acceptance for tax credit -8 pound a week - not much but im sure theyll want it.

There are also things like the odd tenner wherby ive paid for something on my card for someone else. and had the cash back in return.

Ive no problem returning the ins/outs form but dont really want them knowing my employers details/ personal spending. not that it would show i could pay even a pound more. I dont actually think theyve frozen the charges either as the balance us still around the same as when i first started paying.

Comment

Working...
      X