GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Silly question - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question

With a post 2007 credit card agreement is it still UE until they produce the CCA request? It's been a month now since I sent one to first credit for my vanquis credit card and still no reply.

Re: Silly question

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    With a post 2007 credit card agreement is it still UE until they produce the CCA request? It's been a month now since I sent one to first credit for my vanquis credit card and still no reply.
    If you are in receipt of an improperly executed agreement made on or after 6th April 2007, it does not automatically mean that you would not have a fighting chance in arguing that the agreement should not be enforced. Instead of being irredeemably unenforceable they are enforceable only on an order of the court.
    If you agreement is unsigned and undocumented, it is improperly executed and the creditor would have to apply to the court for an enforcement order.
    The provisions relating to these discretionary enforcement orders can be found in s127. Sections 127(1)(i) and (ii) state the court shall dismiss an application for an enforcement order if, but only if, it considers it just to do so having regard to:
    • The prejudice caused to any person by the contravention in question and the degree of culpability for it
    • Its powers under s135 to impose conditions on, or suspend, any order it makes, and its powers under s136 to vary or amend an agreement
    Also, under s127(2) the court can, when making an enforcement order, if it considers just to do so:
    • Reduce or discharge any sum payable by debtors or hirers to compensate them for any prejudice they have suffered
    This means the court could allow the agreement to be enforced subject to conditions, allow it to be enforced unconditionally or refuse to allow it to be enforced at all.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks , but that doesn't really answer my question. Untill they reply to my CCA request should I still be paying them?

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        Thanks , but that doesn't really answer my question. Untill they reply to my CCA request should I still be paying them?
        I Wouldn't if it was me...............
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

First Credit are a DCA.... and I wouldn't be paying them either.....
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Thank you. I think it is he only one that is post 2007 and so far only 1 has replied and Niddy has told me the good news on that one
            Last edited by jon1965; 12 April 2012, 14:00.

Comment

Working...
            X