GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Account sold - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account sold

Hello,

I hope someone can help. I've not been around for a while and in that time it has been relatively quiet in terms of debt collector contact. But, I received a couple of new letters and I'm not sure what to do.

The main one is Barclaycard. I sent them CCA requests from 2008-2010. The last contact from them was a photocopy of standard terms and conditions which their legal team absolutely insisted met their responsibilities under CCA. I wrote saying the document didn't comply and didn't hear back again. Two years on and I've received a letter from Barclaycard and a letter from Lowell in one envelope.

The letter says they give notice of assignment and my account was sold to Lowell Portfolio in February. The contact details are the the address and telephone number of Lowell. Do I send a dispute letter to Barclaycard now? Would the Pavillion Drive address be right?

I also got another letter with no information asking me to contact Ruthbridge. I saw the same happened to someone else. I take it I just ignore that one?

Thanks very much.

Re: Account sold

hey

firstly, id send account sold whilst in dispute to lowell's or ignore and see what they do next.

Regards to ruthbirdge, just ignore for now.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you. So it should go to Lowell and not Barclaycard?

Comment

Originally posted by tryingto View Post
        Thank you. So it should go to Lowell and not Barclaycard?
        Lowell............
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's great, thanks very much. Just one thing I forgot to ask, is it okay to use PO Box address when contacting debt collectors etc? I know they have got the new contact address anyway, but when I last wrote to Barclaycard I asked them to respond to the PO Box address and they didn't. I'm just not keen to 'confirm' the residential contact address as I don't own the property. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by tryingto View Post
            That's great, thanks very much. Just one thing I forgot to ask, is it okay to use PO Box address when contacting debt collectors etc? I know they have got the new contact address anyway, but when I last wrote to Barclaycard I asked them to respond to the PO Box address and they didn't. I'm just not keen to 'confirm' the residential contact address as I don't own the property. Thanks again.
            Yes that's OK........

Comment

Great. Thanks for your help again.

Comment

Working...
              X