GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Huge Thanks - CCA Dispute with catalogue - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Thanks - CCA Dispute with catalogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Thanks - CCA Dispute with catalogue

Don't know if this is the right place to put it... but really thought it was important to thank you AAD for the massive help that your templates gave in the last few months.

I'm helping my mum with a dispute with a catalogue company, where she holds three agent accounts (this company bought over Empire, Great Universal (now KandCo) and Littlewoods. She has acted as an agent with them since 1982. A customer defaulted in September and in December my mum received a letter to say that she was now liable for a combined total of nearly £7000.

AS you can imagine my mum (who is now retired) nearly died when she got this. She had no means. I went to one site to do a bit of research and they were immediately saying to pay them. THis isn't my mum's debt and I wasn't going to accept that. And then I found your templates. It's legal detail, its use of the case law of the test cases (that this company referred to continuously) gave us the confidence and teh tools to fight for what I think was a moral battle!!!

We requested a CCA (using your template), which they argued was provided under the guise of a version dated 2010. I disputed this (loved your line about how easy it is to just go the file and photocopy it if they actually had it!!) Their complaints department sent us some junk about them meeting the legal duty already. Told them that we disputed this.

The main dispute was about the terms and condition of the original agreement, which they said they had based their decision on. WE argued that they were lying, and that they could fight that in county court if they wished.

Cutting a long story short, we got a letter after the above response from complaints to say that THEY ARE NOT PURSUING THE DEBT!!! Thank you so much for all your templates. Thought it was so important to post this, to thank you and to encourage others.

They have sent another letter from NDR demanding payment but we have a letter to say they are not pursuing the debt. Any further advice would be great, but we def feel we have one a minor battle THANKS TO YOUR WELL RESEARCHED AND DETAILED TEMPLATES.

May you keep fighting for consumer's rights for a very long time!

D

Re: Huge Thanks - CCA Dispute with catalogue

Hi & welcome,

Excellent result - so what you do here is if anyone now hassles you over these debts you simply send a copy of their letter confirming they will not pursue the debt with one of these: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Best of luck, come back if you need any help
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well thanks Niddy... Both myself and my mother are indebted to you!

Comment

However just to clarify when you become an agent for a catalogue the credit is actually to you the account holder so in essence your dear mother was liable, however luckily we're talking about SDG who are, at best, pretty shyte so you were lucky really.

Just clarifying the position of being an agent, i.e. that you do take 100% responsibility to maintain all payments to the account. I was sure they changed this a few years ago mind you so that the agent signed up the newbie but then the newbie got their own account number which would have also meant all of them would be UE as they did not and would not have been explained about the credit, the rates etc nor been given the Prescribed terms so however you look it at there was always a flaw with SDG catalogue accounts and this will never change.

They just never reckoned on AAD being so tenatious about it
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X