GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with CCJ

Hey there guys

I have an issue with a CCJ and dont know what to do.

I received court papers today giving me 14 days to respond.

I believe the debt to be mine however I'm not sure what it is. What would be my best course of action at this stage. If I contact the debt collector directly and ask them for a CCA what will happen to the CCJ that's been raised do I need to respond to it.

Any help would be mega

Re: Help with CCJ

Originally posted by artynoble View Post
    Hey there guys

I have an issue with a CCJ and dont know what to do.

I received court papers today giving me 14 days to respond.

I believe the debt to be mine however I'm not sure what it is. What would be my best course of action at this stage. If I contact the debt collector directly and ask them for a CCA what will happen to the CCJ that's been raised do I need to respond to it.

Any help would be mega
    Hi, i'll pm you details of our preferred solicitor, call them first thing and see if they can help.

In the meantime, send an email - read the PM then it'll make sense.

best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

What does it say on the POC (particulars of claim)??
      -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Nids,

Can you stop typing faster than me........
        -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
          Nids,

Can you stop typing faster than me........
          sorry
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

cheers folks, I'll go read the letter now.

Also should point out I've had no work since xmas and I'm claiming JSA

Comment

cheers folks, I'll go read the letter now.

Also should point out I've had no work since xmas and I'm claiming JSA
              I know, I have read your thread on MSE. Thanks to Monkey for inviting you here..... I cannot believe I seen someone say "fill in an I & E"

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
                What does it say on the POC (particulars of claim)??
                It basically says balance is now due under agreement which is now due and payable

Apparently I agreed to make monthly payments but failed to do so. (debt is a few years old, never made any agreement because I didnt know how to get in touch).

Should I defend it saying I never agreed to a repayment, and for them to send me details that I actually owe them the debt?

Comment

Should I defend it saying I never agreed to a repayment, and for them to send me details that I actually owe them the debt?
                  Read the PM I sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Read the PM I sent you
                    I have, just a bit nervous about calling solicitors...

I will get in touch though tomorrow.

Comment

I have, just a bit nervous about calling solicitors...

I will get in touch though tomorrow.
                      Don't be - they are on here and they change consumer law for users here - they're bloody good - very good!

Check this user out: ---> Paul - Our preferred solicitor

he's bloody good and if he can do it for no fee he will - get in touch, it's free to make a call. I would email as well as he'll be around later probably..... Paul is a night owl

Comment

I will bloody try them then haha

thank you

Comment

Do contact Paul and you'll be pleasantly surprised to find him really approachable not like other solicitors. He swears and everything

He saved me from bankruptcy a few months ago

Comment

I will bloody try them then haha

thank you
                            Bloody well done

Comment

(debt is a few years old, never made any agreement because I didnt know how to get in touch).
                              How bloody old is this debt? More than 6 years since you paid anything? Could it be bloody Statute Barred?

Comment

Working...
                              X