GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds Bank PPI -Questionnaire - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds Bank PPI -Questionnaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds Bank PPI -Questionnaire

Received a letter out of the blue from Lloyds to say I might have been miss-sold some PPI

could not remember ever taking any so did SAR to get copies of agreements and file notes.

Wrote them the template letter and claimed miss-sold due to not having the cost/features/benefits explained. Was told compulsory, had to have them to get the loan etc.

Lloyds wrote back asking me to complete a questionnaire . The questions relate to the time of the loan to asserting if I had savings, other insurances and income details. If I complete this they will be able to justify they recommendation to have the PPI as there was no protection. This does not address the miss-selling

My questions are

1) am I obliged to complete their questionnaire asi already stated reasons in a letter ?

Re: Lloyds Bank PPI -Questionnaire

Hi DJ. Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm no expert on the legalities, but most of the big lenders now ask claimants to complete these questionnaires. I don't think they are compulsory, but because of the huge number of PPI claims the lenders are having to deal with, they help the assessors by putting the relevant basic information in one single formatted document. I always suggest that claimants answer the questions truthfully - but minimally. By that, I mean don't put any information in that you don't have to, as it is possible that they could use that info against you.

As regards the question about alternative cover, you could:
    1. leave it unanswered;
    2. answer "Irrelevant - PPI was mis-sold by misrepresentation. Claimant was led to believe it was compulsory."
    3. answer "Loan from family if required."

Comment

Sorry missed this as well; you are under no obligation to use any formulated sheet or questionnaire no. Just write back and tell them what they need to know to calculate any due refund
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have never advised against filling in these questionnaires, but advised peeps as to what to include or exclude, etc. My reason being that we can show we have complied with every request, if push comes to shove, and we have to take the matter to the top. Pre-Action Protocol and all that.

However - I prefer Niddy's answer to my own - LOL !!! Much easier.

It might be an interesting exercise to send the lenders our own questionnaire to fill in, and explain that it is not compulsory, but it may help us to evaluate their response to our claim...

Comment

Hi there

Sorry for the delays as well, lots of appointments lately.

Anyhow, I agree with Bill and whatever reason applies to you, then do add, for example, did you have a pre-existing illness when ppi was added to the policy when you purchased the loan?
          If so then to make this clear to them.
          And maybe you already had cover in place by your employer, sick pay etc?
          Were you actually employed? if so full time hours, more than 18 hours? If not do add all this info.

But as Bill says, anything you cant remember then leave, and just answer the questions you can remember, also as Niddy says, good luck and please keep us posted, cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X