GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays PPI

Hi,

I had a letter yesterday from Barclays who say I had three loans with them all with PPI, this follows a SAR but surprise surprise they sent my 10 quid back as well.

Now is it simply a case of filling in the FOS questionnaire and Barclays will respond with some sort of offer or will I have to work the figures out myself?

Thanks

Re: Barclays PPI

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi,

I had a letter yesterday from Barclays who say I had three loans with them all with PPI, this follows a SAR but surprise surprise they sent my 10 quid back as well.

Now is it simply a case of filling in the FOS questionnaire and Barclays will respond with some sort of offer or will I have to work the figures out myself?

Thanks

Wow, all looking good then

No do not worry about the figures, they will send them the breakdown on resolving this, or you can request for them, they should send them though with a letter of offer.

Comment

Thanks Di, I didn't know whether to do a FOS questionnaire or just wait, they do say if they have not heard from me in 28 days they will close the case etc etc.

I might just send a request to remind them that I am still here

Comment

Thanks Di, I didn't know whether to do a FOS questionnaire or just wait, they do say if they have not heard from me in 28 days they will close the case etc etc.

I might just send a request to remind them that I am still here

Even though I have never dealt with Barclays for myself, there are lots who I have helped who said they received questionnaire's, even if they have sent them a complaint letter, they say that this is their own standard procedure of using the FOS reclaim questionnaire for us to make a reclaiming complaint, so if you do this, keep copies in case you have to complain to the FOS later on to send them, this will save time as well. Hopefully it won't come to that though.

In regards of the timescales to complete the questionnaire, I didn't think there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          In regards of the timescales to complete the questionnaire, I didn't think there was one.
          I dunno Di, this may just be a compustan letter I think.

Comment

I dunno Di, this may just be a compustan letter I think.
            How long ago did you request for the SAR on this one?

Hopefully it will be back soon then.

Comment

How long ago did you request for the SAR on this one?

Hopefully it will be back soon then.
              This was a reply back from the SAR Di.

Comment

This was a reply back from the SAR Di.

doh lol, me misunderstanding there hon lol.

So I take it not much details came back, the reason why they returned your payment?
                So did they not give any explanation in writing of why they return this?
                For example, the documentation for the stated accounts and so on?

If this is the case, then maybe it would be a good idea to make a start on the reclaim questionnaire then perhaps?

I am not sure if these are like lloyds, when I received about 3 separate SAR bundles at different times, but otherwise you could contact them first and ask if there is anything at all to come back.

Comment

Thanks Di,
                  Yes they have sent me the details of the three loans and have said there was PPI on them, they said that they have not sent all of my statements and that was why they returned my cheque, but as I say the three loans with PPI on them are there. The explanation seems pretty clear to them that I am looking at PPI refund so they just sent the relevant loan details.

My thoughts were that I don't really need all of these statements to show the payments now do I, so if I just send either a FOS questionnaire or a "giimme me money back" letter that would be the way forward.

Do you reckon??

Comment

Thanks Di,
                    Yes they have sent me the details of the three loans and have said there was PPI on them, they said that they have not sent all of my statements and that was why they returned my cheque, but as I say the three loans with PPI on them are there. The explanation seems pretty clear to them that I am looking at PPI refund so they just sent the relevant loan details.

My thoughts were that I don't really need all of these statements to show the payments now do I, so if I just send either a FOS questionnaire or a "giimme me money back" letter that would be the way forward.

Do you reckon??

Hiya

Yes you could just continue with your reclaiming, as long as you know now you did have PPI, then that is fine.

They should send you a written breakdown when resolved as well, but otherwise ask for it.

Meanwhile maybe something (statements may still arrive in the post). x

Comment

Hiya

Yes you could just continue with your reclaiming, as long as you know now you did have PPI, then that is fine.

They should send you a written breakdown when resolved as well, but otherwise ask for it.

Meanwhile maybe something (statements may still arrive in the post). x
                      Yeah I might just nudge them a little as well

Comment

Yeah I might just nudge them a little as well

All crossed for you. x

Comment

Thanks again Di

Comment