GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Claiming possible PPI with no account details??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claiming possible PPI with no account details???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming possible PPI with no account details???

Hi everyone, during the nineties before we became financial pariahs I had various loans with Black Horse, Ocean Finance and others that I can't remember. Would it be worth sending off a speculative I think I have had PPI, can you please check your records or should it be a more formal enquiry? I don't have any account details!
    Thanks
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Claiming possible PPI with no account details???

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Hi everyone, during the nineties before we became financial pariahs I had various loans with Black Horse, Ocean Finance and others that I can't remember. Would it be worth sending off a speculative I think I have had PPI, can you please check your records or should it be a more formal enquiry? I don't have any account details!
    Thanks

Hiya

Hope your well.

If your still with the same bank now as when you was when you were paying for the loan repayments, you could call into your local branch who may check this out for you, such as the loan account numbers.

If you believe you were sold and mis sold ppi you can use the account numbers to make a reclaim, and if no paperwork, a Subject Access Request (SAR) may help.
    If you were still paying for the loans over the last 6 or 7 years or so, they should still hold at least some details.

A credit report "may help" as well.

You could meanwhile continue to make a reclaim on the PPI.

In my view, its likely they did sell you PPI if this was going back some years ago, as they tended to add automatically.

Comment

Re: Claiming possible PPI with no account details???

I'm not with the same bank, they disowned me many years ago! I'll just send the brief speculative letter that I'd prepared earlier ( good old Blue Peter). I can remember getting a few loans whilst I was a stay at home mum, just hope that they have paperwork and ppi. Actually I don't care if they have the paperwork, I'll be happy to just receive some money!!!!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X