GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg PPI and tick boxes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg PPI and tick boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg PPI and tick boxes

Morning All.
    quick question .
    Asked egg for a copy of my credit card agreement .They sent a copy which i believe to be incorrect and instead of a signature there is a tick box they say that i agreed to the PPI and the tick box shows this >I have no memory of ever ticking this box .My Question is when did tick boxes become legal in regards to signing for something .My agreement is from 2002 and I think i read some where that tick boxes only assumed the valve of a signature after 2004??.
    any advice would be appreciated .
    regards

Re: Egg PPI and tick boxes

Originally posted by icarap View Post
    Morning All.
    quick question .
    Asked egg for a copy of my credit card agreement .They sent a copy which i believe to be incorrect and instead of a signature there is a tick box they say that i agreed to the PPI and the tick box shows this >I have no memory of ever ticking this box .My Question is when did tick boxes become legal in regards to signing for something .My agreement is from 2002 and I think i read some where that tick boxes only assumed the valve of a signature after 2004??.
    any advice would be appreciated .
    regards

Hi there & welcome

Maybe it would be a good idea to write/contact them again and ask if they a true copy of the agreement.

So are you saying it was self ticked by the business in ink?

I recall on my older agreements this was the case with mine, cannot remember the exact dates though.

Have you also requested for all your paperwork in means of a Subject Access Request (SAR)?
    Where you pay the one off £10 by cheque or postal order, they have 40 calendar days to provide the data to this account, which may help your case if you've no paperwork other than the agreement.

If you require a SAR letter template, please let us know (if your unable to come across it), please see above - on top of page for the appropriate template letters, and to make a reclaim you can still continue to do this whilst waiting for paperwork.

Comment

Thanks for your reply .
      I did request a copy of the agreement which was sent but looks rather like something I could make up on a pc as opposed to a screen shot or snip of the screen.
      what makes me wonder is I have a partial copy of the original agreement with the signed on behalf for egg section and the person named is different to the one they sent me .
      will update
      cheers

Comment

What they've sent is a recon then and evidently unenforceable!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X