GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Queries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming Queries

Hi.

I am looking at "trying" to dig out all my old card details, if I can find them to see if any had PPI and was wondering if you could clear some matters up before I proceed.

1. Is there a period in which you have to claim from an account being closed i.e 6 years?
    2. If I cannot find details but know the name of the card company is it worth writing to them to ask if the account had PPI [see 3 below].
    3. With regard to 2 above how much information should i give them. Name, Address at time of account, date of birth. Anything else?
    4. The BIG question: If I am currently in dispute with a CC are they within their rights to mention this and if I am successful can they deduct it or withhold it until the dispute is resolved [see 5 below].
    5. With regard to 2 above if it has been sold on do they have any rights to bring it up at all as they have sold it on?

Hope you can help.

Ahhwell

Re: Reclaiming Queries

1. 6 years from the date YOU became aware of the mis-sale/right to reclaim;
    2. You send a SAR in all cases and work out your own refund. The bank doesn't do it;
    3. Send this - http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...vanced-request
    4. If you're arguing UE then DO NOT apply for a refund as they will reduce it from the debt so it's a wasted exercise;
    5. It's always the OC you deal with. Not the DCA.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for a quick response Niddy.

Will leave the UE ones then and go for a couple of closed or never used again accounts. Think I have a couple.

Comment

Hi there

Many have still been successful in making reclaims going back from the 90's.
        Some banks/businesses are more lenient that others.

A few of mine have been from the mid 90s and have suceeded.

I can of course help you with the NON UE cases.

Comment

Thanks Di30

I will hunt down any paperwork i have in the big box in the garage and then send them that letter Niddy linked.

If i have any queries there is only one place to come. THIS FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by AhhWell View Post
            Thanks Di30

I will hunt down any paperwork i have in the big box in the garage and then send them that letter Niddy linked.

If i have any queries there is only one place to come. THIS FORUM
            Yep we are here

Comment

Working...
            X