GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help!!!!! please.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!!!! please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!! please....

Stupidly over a year ago i had a phone call from a PPI reclaim company saying they could reclaim my ppi and also other unauthorised interest hikes on my barclaycard, but they would need to charge £700 to my credit card to do this. I agreed and have heard nothing but since found out the company has gone into liquidation. Is there any chance i could get this £700 back using section 75 of the sales of goods act. Could someone please help as i feel i have been left in the dark and dont know which way to turn.

Thank you

Re: Help!!!!! please....

Originally posted by ad1985 View Post
    Stupidly over a year ago i had a phone call from a PPI reclaim company saying they could reclaim my ppi and also other unauthorised interest hikes on my barclaycard, but they would need to charge £700 to my credit card to do this. I agreed and have heard nothing but since found out the company has gone into liquidation. Is there any chance i could get this £700 back using section 75 of the sales of goods act. Could someone please help as i feel i have been left in the dark and dont know which way to turn.

Thank you
    Hi and welcome

I think you should contact Claims Regulations (Ministry of justice) MOJ) who should be able to advise further on this one.
    Details here below:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/claims-regulation

http://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts/cmr

Please let us know how you get on, thank you.

If you do get this resolved, we can help you free on your reclaiming.

Comment

Di,

Wouldn't this be a simple credit card chargeback as they originally paid via barclaycard...?

Please clarify.

p.s. I know this user so lets keep it simple as he's not familiar with all this reclaiming mallarkey (plus 2 other accounts to reclaim later)....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes I agree Niddy, looking back into it again now

Comment

From what I can recall, charges are reclaimed on separately to that of PPI, so keep that as 2 separate reclaims.

Comment

Ok, I will elaborate as I spoke to the poster earlier today.

1. he paid £700 odd to a CMC from his Credit Card; they then went bust

^ - I suggest with this to do a chargeback as he paid on credit card and thus the CC is liable to refund the loss back to the originating card that was used to pay initially.

2. He has 4 other paid off loans in totality. He did a PPI reclaim and two were accepted and paid out on but the other 2 were rejected by the bank (HBOS?) - so on these I told him to post back later with more details and then you can help him reclaim them can't you?

But the intial query regards the £700 paid to a CMC was regards a refund of the fee he paid as the CMC went under.

make better sense?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Ok, I will elaborate as I spoke to the poster earlier today.

1. he paid £700 odd to a CMC from his Credit Card; they then went bust

^ - I suggest with this to do a chargeback as he paid on credit card and thus the CC is liable to refund the loss back to the originating card that was used to pay initially.

2. He has 4 other paid off loans in totality. He did a PPI reclaim and two were accepted and paid out on but the other 2 were rejected by the bank (HBOS?) - so on these I told him to post back later with more details and then you can help him reclaim them can't you?

But the intial query regards the £700 paid to a CMC was regards a refund of the fee he paid as the CMC went under.

make better sense?
              That makes things more clearer Niddy and yes with the amount coming from his Credit Card, he has a right to claim on this, isn't there something about "section 75" about this that explains it as well?
              I shall check but sure there are details that confirms this.

And yes of course I can help, if I'm not around at the time of posting, a direct email will be fine as well, even though I shall be back and forth anyway lol

A little info in easy details about chargeback/refunds.....
              http://www.money.co.uk/article/10072...money-back.htm
              Last edited by di30; 11 May 2013, 21:15. Reason: to add more info

Comment

I have read on the link above that it has to be reported as a chargeback within 120 days yet this £700 transaction was put on the credit card nearly 2 years ago. Only recently however did we find out the company had gone into liquidation.does this affect our rights for a chargeback.

Thanks

Comment

Hmm yea it will as it goes by the date you paid sadly. We'll chat tomorro mate. I'll see you and explain in person.

Need bed as up at 4! Lol

Comment

I shall keep a check for when you need some help too

Comment

Regards the two reclaims that HBOS rejected -

Can you please clarify the following so you'll do two one for each loan/card whatever;
                      1. Was this a loan? If so is it sole or joint?
                      2. How much was the loan/card limit etc?
                      3. Were you employed at the time you took the product?
                      4. When was the product taken out (inception date)?
                      5. Can you recall how you opened the product? Was it in store, online, on phone?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X