GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank charges complaint - opinions please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank charges complaint - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank charges complaint - opinions please

I raised a complaint with my bank regarding charges to my account two months ago - never recieved any response or acknowledgement until I got a "survey" call the other day

Anyway, rang the complaints dept, who apparently had tried to contact my mobile (with a permanent voicemail) AND written to me (yeah, right ;-) ) Apparently, they had no records of me telling them (several) times of my loss of employment and subsequent financial difficulties. However, with this information, the person stated they would get the department to "look again".

Anyway, phone call came (and letter today to back up) and they have refunded £32 as gesture of goodwill (as always) but will not refund anymore. The charges started to accrue after losing my job due to lack of income, however I was managing after the first month to put enough money in to cover outgoings - but couldnt put enough in to cover the charges - had the bank refunded these first set of charges, I would not have incurred the rest!

The bank have stated this is their final response and the usual rights. I am still awaiting a copy of the original letter they claim to have sent.

I will be making a complaint to FOS once I have all the correspondence (and am trying to get a copy of charges/statements).

My question is, as I believe the bank has failed to acknowledge a customer in financial difficulties and is in breach of Secton 9 of the Lending Code, would it be worthwile copying the OFT into any complaint I make to FOS (which is what I plan to do).
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Bank charges complaint - opinions please

Yes mate copy oft in - hopefully they get a double fine lol
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did think afterwards of the FSA as well ..... will wait for the post today .... i think thats more than long enough to send a copy of a letter.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well, letters all went off - to FOS, OFT and FSA.

Got response from FOS today (an acknowledgement) stating that it has been received ... and that I will be provided with a full response as soon as ...

I am hoping (and assuming) this means they have taken it on.

Comment

Nice one matey - keep us updated and good luck.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OFT have now responded. Basically stating that they cannot take complaints on an individual level, they notice that I have CC'd the FOS into the letter and why dont I contact them?! ;D ;LOL

Comment

OK,

Help is needed. FOS have written to me again with their claim form - so looks like they are taking it seriously rather than "its bank charges, throw it out".

Under "what your complaint is about" they have prefilled with "Customer is complaining about bank charges. Customer lost his job and is experiencing financial difficulties, he feels the charges are worsening the situation and the firm arent doing enough to help him."

ANYthing else that I COULD or SHOULD add under this section please to make more chance of a success.

Comment

Any views on my above post and what I should put.

Am aware you have to be some what careful with the terminology.....

Comment

Originally posted by oscar
                  Any views on my above post and what I should put.

Am aware you have to be some what careful with the terminology.....
                  Morning matey, why not just leave it as is? Like you say, they prefilled it - why?

Have a mooch here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=979#p979

Comment

Well, letter recieved from FOS - and looks like they are taking complaint on as the have asked the bank for their information. Heres hoping I get something back - though probably not before NEXT xmas.

Also had reply from FSA a while back who also said they could not deal with individual complaints etc and contact FOS.

Comment

Good luck Oscar.

Comment

Good luck Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                        X