GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander

Tried reclaiming charges from Santander as on a £2600 overdraft, I calculated over £2000 (plus interest) related to charges.

Got a letter back today refusing my claim...

Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Re: Santander

Originally posted by MustGetStraight
    Tried reclaiming charges from Santander as on a £2600 overdraft, I calculated over £2000 (plus interest) related to charges.

Got a letter back today refusing my claim...

I've replied about this on your UE diary here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=10004#p10004

So respond to my query on this thread, not the UE Diary - we'll keep that separate for your UE claims yea? ;-y
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Copy of post on your UE Diary

Not strictly a UE topic, but Santander has come back refusing to listen about charges.
      They sold the debt to a DCA (pretty quickly) but when the time comes to negotiate F&F with the DCA I'll use the charges to knock the figure right down. It was quite a shock to see that charges accounted for almost all the overdraft figure! I had no idea it was that bad. Should have claimed earlier!
      What do you mean they have knocked back your charges claim? Can you send me a copy of what you sent them and what they replied with to you.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy I've emailed the documentation to you. Many thanks!
        Niddified and proud!

Comment

Hi Niddy I've emailed the documentation to you. Many thanks!
          replied here: ----> viewtopic.php?p=10305#p10305

Comment

Thanks Niddy!
            Niddified and proud!

Comment

Re: F&F - charges claims

MustGetStraight wrote:
              Not strictly a UE topic, but Santander has come back refusing to listen about charges.
              They sold the debt to a DCA (pretty quickly) but when the time comes to negotiate F&F with the DCA I'll use the charges to knock the figure right down. It was quite a shock to see that charges accounted for almost all the overdraft figure! I had no idea it was that bad. Should have claimed earlier!

Sorry for jumping in on your thread but I wanted to ask you something about it if you don't mind. I've been trying to reclaim my bank charges with a number of different banks, if it wasn't for the charges I wouldn't be overdrawn and in Abbey's case my overdraft is only £400 but I've charges totalling nearly £5k. My question though is not about Abbey but First Direct, to stop the spiral of charges continuing I moved all my direct debits and have started afresh with a different bank, the charges I incurred from them outweigh the overdraft and I've been trying to get them to refund it. Even been to the FOS and now I believe that First Direct have sold the debt on to a DCA called Metropolitan, I'm interested in the point that you have made about using the charges to knock the F&F figure down. What did you mean by that and is it something that I could possibly use. Where would I find out more about it please

Comment

Sorry Rainbow, I never noticed your response til today. I'm not the best person to ask - not too sure if I'll have any success but thought it worth a go!

At the moment I'm making token payments so I'm lying quiet and then in a few months' time when I can afford it, I'll make them the offer and see.... well that's the plan anyway.

It sounds like your case is different- your charges far outweigh your debt. I'm sure Niddy can advise.
                Niddified and proud!

Comment

Working...
                X