GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg card PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg card PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg card PPI

Hi everyone,

I tried to reclaim my Egg card PPI without success in 2007, it was an online application and they stated that I had ticked the box requesting the PPI.

Last year I sent them a SAR with the intention of trying again, I rec'd the information last July. They then sent me a letter in August apologising for not sending me copies of telephone conversations and asking me what dates I wanted the details from.

I never responded to that letter, as to be honest I'd pretty much given up with the whole thing as it seemed my word against theirs with regard to the tick box on the online form.

With all this recent revalation regarding the PPI however I thought I'd have another go and having a quick search online it appears that sometimes the PPI box was pre-ticked and you had to un-tick it.

Has anyone had any luck with Egg for agreements around this time ?

Thanks

Re: Egg card PPI

Hiya

Wishing you luck, and hope this time round they will resolve in your favour.

Despite what they have stated about ticking this and that, that does not actually give them a good reason to reject, so yes do give it another go.

If that was not the final decision, your entitled to ask them to reconsider anyway, but do so anyway.
    I understand some online applications would not allow the application to go through unless you opted for PPI, if this rings the bell with yours, then you were not given the option.

Good luck x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hiya

Wishing you luck, and hope this time round they will resolve in your favour.

Despite what they have stated about ticking this and that, that does not actually give them a good reason to reject, so yes do give it another go.

If that was not the final decision, your entitled to ask them to reconsider anyway, but do so anyway.
      I understand some online applications would not allow the application to go through unless you opted for PPI, if this rings the bell with yours, then you were not given the option.

Good luck x
      Thanks Di,
      It was their final decision as far as I can remember (will have to dig out the info). I'm hoping that someone reading this might have some info on whether their online application had the PPI box pre-ticked or not.
      They say I ticked it, I don't think I would have but I really can't remember that far back.

So it's my word against theirs unless someone knows the way their software operated at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
        Thanks Di,
        It was their final decision as far as I can remember (will have to dig out the info). I'm hoping that someone reading this might have some info on whether their online application had the PPI box pre-ticked or not.
        They say I ticked it, I don't think I would have but I really can't remember that far back.

So it's my word against theirs unless someone knows the way their software operated at the time.

Hi hun

I know many have had the same issues as you in regards of EGG with online applications.
        But keep at them. I understand the FOS are seeing through them now. x

Comment

Hi hun

I know many have had the same issues as you in regards of EGG with online applications.
          But keep at them. I understand the FOS are seeing through them now. x
          Thanks Di,

I read on some forum where someone had stated that the FOS voted in their favour because it was known that Egg's software had the box pre-ticked in that year (think it was 2004). I need to try and find that again because if it was in that year you would imagine it was previously too.

I'll have a much stronger arguement if I can state that the box was definately pre-ticked I think.

Comment

Thanks Di,

I read on some forum where someone had stated that the FOS voted in their favour because it was known that Egg's software had the box pre-ticked in that year (think it was 2004). I need to try and find that again because if it was in that year you would imagine it was previously too.

I'll have a much stronger arguement if I can state that the box was definately pre-ticked I think.

Hiya hun

I think I remember coming across a write up about this on MSE, on the guidelines of reclaiming, and I think it was a matter of opting out.

I will check on this too, but good point made. x

Comment

Forgot to say my card was taken out in June 2003

Comment

Forgot to say my card was taken out in June 2003
                That's fine x

Comment

Hi Di,
                  I want to get the ball rolling on this and I'm going to email them for speed to the address on the letter they sent in 2003 turning down my request for a refund.

How do you think this sounds ? Obviously a bit of bluff going on with regards to the internet forums part because it's thought to be the case rather than a known fact. I've used one of Niddy's letters with extra bit added by myself.

Dear Sirs,

Account number: xxxxx

I refer to my complaint dated 26/07/2007 with regards to the misselling of the insurance sold with my account.

Obviously you are now aware of the outcome of the recent high court ruling with regards to miss-selling of PPI insurance, and it has also come to my notice from well known consumer internet forums that in 2003 when I applied for the account online the insurance box was pre-selected and had to be un-selected by the customer if it were to be not required.

I do not feel your letter has offered a satisfactory justification that my policy was sold fairly, reasonably and within my best interests so I request that you look into my complaint again. If I do not receive a more favorable response from you within 14 days I shall shall consider taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which may result in legal action being sought as part of the process.

Yours faithfully

Comment

Hi Di,
                    I want to get the ball rolling on this and I'm going to email them for speed to the address on the letter they sent in 2003 turning down my request for a refund.

How do you think this sounds ? Obviously a bit of bluff going on with regards to the internet forums part because it's thought to be the case rather than a known fact. I've used one of Niddy's letters with extra bit added by myself.

Dear Sirs,

Account number: xxxxx

I refer to my complaint dated 26/07/2007 with regards to the misselling of the insurance sold with my account.

Obviously you are now aware of the outcome of the recent high court ruling with regards to miss-selling of PPI insurance, and it has also come to my notice from well known consumer internet forums that in 2003 when I applied for the account online the insurance box was pre-selected and had to be un-selected by the customer if it were to be not required.

I do not feel your letter has offered a satisfactory justification that my policy was sold fairly, reasonably and within my best interests so I request that you look into my complaint again. If I do not receive a more favorable response from you within 14 days I shall shall consider taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service which may result in legal action being sought as part of the process.

Yours faithfully

Hi hun

Yes that is fab, ask them to confirm receipt by email as well, just to make sure.

Wishing you luck on this, let me know when you hear something, thanks. x

Comment

Hi hun

Yes that is fab, ask them to confirm receipt by email as well, just to make sure.

Wishing you luck on this, let me know when you hear something, thanks. x
                      Hi Di,

Thanks, will do, fingers crossed.

Comment

Hope you receive some positive news soon, and look forward to hearing the outcome of this, we will get there x

Comment

Well, hadn't heard a thing, no ack email even though I had requested it and was thinking I was going to have to send a letter chasing as emails weren't working then.................................

A letter dropped through the letterbox today, marked Derby, and I know of only 1 company in Derby, so opened it up and POW!!

They've upheld my complaint, refunded all premiums charged to my a/c with associated interest. In addition, interest @ 8% has also been calculated on any amounts where my balance would have been in credit had the CRP premiums not been charged.

A cheque for £2600.00 !!!!!!!!!!! I can finally get the car fixed now.

Woo hoo, not bad for a couple of emails

Thank you Di for your encouragement, you're a STAR, one up for the little guy against the banks

Best of all this a/c was closed/paid off when our house was re-mortgaged as they had previously gone for and got a charging order.

So I really wanted revenge against them for that
                          Last edited by lookingforward; 19 July 2011, 10:24.

Comment

Well, hadn't heard a thing, no ack email even though I had requested it and was thinking I was going to have to send a letter chasing as emails weren't working then.................................

A letter dropped through the letterbox today, marked Derby, and I know of only 1 company in Derby, so opened it up and POW!!

They've upheld my complaint, refunded all premiums charged to my a/c with associated interest. In addition, interest @ 8% has also been calculated on any amounts where my balance would have been in credit had the CRP premiums not been charged.

Thank you Di for your encouragement, you're a STAR, one up for the little guy against the banks

Best of all this a/c was closed/paid off when our house was re-mortgaged as they had previously gone for and got a charging order.

Absolutely fab!!

Well done Honey and Many Congratulations!

Remember to treat yourself too. xx

Comment

Awesome result - nice one, well done you
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X