GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    Not mocking you at all Matty, I admire what you've been doing, in fact, I'll soon be taking a leaf out of your book!

Well thats good to hear - If you need any help along the way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Good luck

Matty
    Last edited by MattyA; 20 June 2012, 05:39. Reason: Typo

Comment

Matt - mate, nothing was meant by the master plan comment. Utmost respect dude.

Remember your our reclaim champion

Good luck with the Amex fiasco. What do you plan on doing out of interest? Cut your losses or go to court? Is it "worth" spending £x to get back £x + £y? If so, is litigation an option...?

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Boss - My comment was a flipant & lightheated one, I wasnt having a pop at flower nor was I or am I offended / upset in anyway.
        Apologies Flower if it came across that way.

Re : Amex - Its probably time to cut my losses and reach agreement with them.

I have had our friendly site sols in the case (running in tandem with FOS) as FOS were taking so long & Amex had upped their offer prior to the FOS decision....so I think it is time to settle this one.

Doesnt make it right though & I just wonder how many people Amex have had offer / the FOS have let down this way.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
          Cheers Boss - My comment was a flipant & lightheated one, I wasnt having a pop at flower nor was I or am I offended / upset in anyway.

I have had our friendly site sols in the case (running in tandem with FOS) as FOS were taking so long & Amex had upped their offer prior to the FOS decision....so I think it is time to settle this one.

Doesnt make it right though & I just wonder how many people Amex have had offer / the FOS have let down this way.

Matty
          Amex - PPI claims

Still waiting to here on this ....negotiations are ongoing ,we have counter offered to 'split the difference between their latest offer and the amount in my claim.
          We will see.

Comment

Thanks Niddy,SX & Di.

Di is correct that credit cards are treated differently and I believe that senario 2 above relates best to my accounts.

I have reconstructed the accounts as per this and the balance becomes positive in August 2003 and stays that way (positive balance just gets bigger and bigger).

HSBC have given back SI on the resultant positive balance (along with PPI premiums and associated interest - which I agree with) but this figure is much less than the payments made by me from August 2003 and the interest applied to the balance of my account (excluding PPI and associated premiums) - therefore my account has not been reconstructed to put it in a position it would have been in if PPI had not been applied.

Total SI @ 8% offered by HSBC £2600 - I work this out to be over £7K

Payments made to the account by me since August 2003 (when the reconstructed balance becomes positive) = £23K

Interest applied to the account by them since August 2003 = £10K

Then SI on the above in compensation for being deprived of that money brings it to up circa £50K.

I am at the stage now where I need to know if I am right or wrong in my assumptions cos I will need to act swiftly and it will probably mean the legal route.

Thanks for your help everyone

Matty
            Last one for tonight.....

HSBC have knocked me back re my claim for overpayments made to my card due to PPI & interest inflating my 'actual' outstanding balance.

They are just stonewalling me,having not answered any of my previous points or questions and have suggested that I now take this to the FOS or legal.

This lot have been particularly difficult to deal with from day one and I am now considering maxing out my facilities with them and going for it down the CCA route with my unsettled PPI claim as a counter claim once they start on me.

Matty

Comment

Update

One of the wheels has come off

It looks like the masterplan isnt so good after all.

HFC have today thwarted my counterclaim and efforts to cancel my debt / recoup my mis-sold PPI premiums and associated interest by getting my case,which was due to be heard this Wednesday,'stayed' pretty much indefinatley - at least until some time in 2013.......by which time I will have been fighting this more than 3 years!

They are Feckers - I have tried to sort this amicably from day one and they have no intention of doing so.

Matty
              Last edited by MattyA; 24 July 2012, 05:22.

Comment

Last one for tonight.....

HSBC have knocked me back re my claim for overpayments made to my card due to PPI & interest inflating my 'actual' outstanding balance.

They are just stonewalling me,having not answered any of my previous points or questions and have suggested that I now take this to the FOS or legal.

This lot have been particularly difficult to deal with from day one and I am now considering maxing out my facilities with them and going for it down the CCA route with my unsettled PPI claim as a counter claim once they start on me.

Matty
                Or take the refund now, in cash (presumably you're up to date?) and then go ue

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update

One of the wheels has come off

It looks like the masterplan isnt so good after all.

HFC have today thwarted my counterclaim and efforts to cancel my debt / recoup my mis-sold PPI premiums and associated interest by getting my case,which was due to be heard this Wednesday,'stayed' pretty much indefinatley - at least until some time in 2013.......by which time I will have been fighting this more than 3 years!

They are Feckers - I have tried to sort this amicably from day one and they have no intention of doing so.

Matty

But the reason for postponement is good isn't it? Isn't it...?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Or take the refund now, in cash (presumably you're up to date?) and then go ue

Sorry Boss - missed this.

I am sorely tempted to max out OD & CC with them and go UE to get even with 'em.

I could squeeze the best part of 10K out of 'em if I maxed out - This is the one account that I have kept up to date as wages and all bills go through it.
                    As you know I have experienced some difficulty in obtaining alternative banking services ....

Account goes back to the 80's when my basic account was upgraded (for a fee -lol) to an Orchard account which included an midland access credit card - how privaliged I was!

Matty

Comment

Mate take the cash etc and enjoy the account - I would. You can always try for UE later (when you can get credit elsewhere).... nothing stopping you

Comment

But the reason for postponement is good isn't it? Isn't it...?

Sorry missed this one as well - I have been away licking my wounds for a while....

Anyways - in answer to your question,not sure TBH if its a good or bad thing.

I was up for the fight ,to get the thing finished as were the sols - barrister on board et al.

Only good thing that MAY come out of this ,is that if I win interest is clocking up week in week out on a fairly substantial sum.

If I lose I guess it swings the other way.

Matty

Comment

Mate take the cash etc and enjoy the account - I would. You can always try for UE later (when you can get credit elsewhere).... nothing stopping you

I think I will....fancy a look at the agreements?

Matty

Comment

Matty

PS: No chance of credit for a while.....lol

Comment

Matty
                              If you have them yes please

Comment

Matty
                                After a long and hard fought battle with AMEX , I have recieved a cheque today in full & final settlement from AMEX & thanks to a prod or two from the sight solictors the settlement figure is substantially higher than originally offered by Amex
                                (Thanks Gilly)
                                Their offer included contractual interest even though the FOS OMBUDSMAN doesnt see fit to award on my other part of my claim against AMEX on the same account for the refund of default charges.

It just goes to show - DONT GIVE UP!!

Good luck to all

Matty

Comment

Working...
                                X