GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Yes - 'out' them all and show the rest of the world how biased in favour of bankers they really are!

Comment

Personally, in my opinion, I would have a word with the Independent Assessor it may be that they will see it your way, it is up to you Matty, but then you know what I'm like, I kept on for almost 4 years about one of mine lol, and did finally get there, hard work but it was worth it.
      As said though, have a think about it and if you decide to want to write to the above, as you do have this choice and see what she has to say.

Comment

But Di, the IA cannot assess the ombudsman decision ONLY if they acted in accordance with the FOS Guidelines...... thus unless Matt has proof of wrongdoing/errors from the staff the IA cannot get involved......

Best of luck whatever
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          How can we go about 'outing' them?
          I'm awaiting a response from our forum solicitor (not Paul) and if they give the green light we'll proceed with a new thread. I need to ensure this is fully legal and acceptable before proceeding.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            But Di, the IA cannot assess the ombudsman decision ONLY if they acted in accordance with the FOS Guidelines...... thus unless Matt has proof of wrongdoing/errors from the staff the IA cannot get involved......

Best of luck whatever
            Doh!

Right ok, so what about if they agree with the errors of wrongdoings? I suppose as similar to mgfboy, they offered a payment of distress & inconvenience "may be considered perhaps" if Matty can prove this of course.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Doh!

Right ok, so what about if they agree with the errors of wrongdoings? I suppose as similar to mgfboy, they offered a payment of distress & inconvenience "may be considered perhaps" if Matty can prove this of course.
              Well to be fair, the IA is as much use as a chocco fireguard, I say it's a waste of yet more public funds but who am I to whinge.....

Point is, they assess the service - NOT the decisions made by the service so to get anything usually you'd be listing the faults in process, ie * why did the ombudsman agree to then disagree 18 months later? * The ombudsman omitted to calculate the refunds properly

etc etc

Comment

Well to be fair, the IA is as much use as a chocco fireguard, I say it's a waste of yet more public funds but who am I to whinge.....

Point is, they assess the service - NOT the decisions made by the service so to get anything usually you'd be listing the faults in process, ie * why did the ombudsman agree to then disagree 18 months later? * The ombudsman omitted to calculate the refunds properly

etc etc

Hmmm yes when you put it like that I must agree.

Comment

Although the Independent Assessor cannot overturn an Ombudsman's Decision (actually she can in rare instances - see link below) she does have the power to assess if the FOS got it wrong. And if they did then she can order the FOS to pay the consumer up to £100k in damages instead of the bank you complained about compensating you. I don't give a toss who pays up quite frankly.

This link is encouraging. Note that 41% of complaints to the IA were upheld in favour of the consumer, and all but seven received compensation from the FOS:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ia_report.html

The more of us who take our complaints all the way to the IA the better
                  Last edited by PlanB; 18 June 2012, 10:45. Reason: added stats :)

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                    Although the Independent Assessor cannot overturn an Ombudsman's Decision (actually she can in rare instances - see link below) she does have the power to assess if the FOS got it wrong. And if they did then she can order the FOS to pay the consumer up to £100k in damages instead of the bank you complained about compensating you. I don't give a toss who pays up quite frankly.

This link is encouraging. Note that 41% of complaints to the IA were upheld in favour of the consumer, and all but seven received compensation from the FOS:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ia_report.html

The more of us who take our complaints all the way to the IA the better
                    That was Michael Barnes - it's now Linda Costello Baker - so cannot compare as they have entirely differing views.

Although I think that Barnsey works under baker...? Can't be sure but I think so?

But I agree, they can compensate but nowhere near the level suggested. Most I ever heard was £2000 authorised via IA which in itself is shocking.

edit - current figures ---> http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...11.pdf#page=61
                    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 18 June 2012, 12:03. Reason: added current figures

Comment

More like it 60/40 split

In 60% of these cases I upheld the complaint of poor service and I made recommendations in
                      46% of the cases (5 year average = 44%). The Ombudsman Service accepted all of my
                      recommendations, most of which were for financial compensation for avoidable distress and
                      inconvenience with sums ranging from £25 to £750 and an average of £215.

In 40% of cases I found that the Ombudsman Service had followed its normal process and
                      handled contact with the complainant with reasonable efficiency. I class these cases as
                      Satisfactory.

Comment

More like it 60/40 split
                        I call that the "vast majority" or "over half" of all complaints about the FOS were upheld by the IA. Shocking statistic when you come to think about it And that's just the consumers who have the energy and the know-how to take it that far

I know the comp is poor but the ammunition is brilliant if you want to pursue something to court

Comment

Update ---> Financial Ombudsman Service - SuperComplaint - allaboutFORUMS

lets do it

Comment

Wow that is superb Niddy :niddy

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                              Now this sounds like an excellent 'masterplan'!!!

How can we go about 'outing' them?

Tut Tut Flower - you can mock if you wish but,my 'masterplan' has served me well thus far

Thanks for popping by.

Matty

Comment

Blimey - This has caused a stir.....

Thanks for all the responses people - much appreciated.

I agree fully with the seperate thread and will post up my issues on it , but need to sit tight for a couple of weeks or so - I have a court hearing coming up very soon and I am also expecting another FOS decision on the same case , so I dont really want to upset them for a week or two.

That said - as soon as I get their comments be it good or bad I will post them up for sure.

Kind regards & thanks everyone,

Matty
                                Last edited by MattyA; 18 June 2012, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X