GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MattyA's Masterplan.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyA's Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MattyA's Masterplan....

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Well done Matty, that is so fab!

I don't think they will use the surplus to the other account Matty, as it is a different account.

I have an ongoing loan with Lloyds and they have refunded them all back to us as they are closed accounts, and they have not at all refunded anything of these to the open account where we are still catching up on due to difficulties in the past.

Thanks Di much appreciated.
    That gives me some hope - fingers crossed.
    Either way its (at least)£11k wiped off the slate - onwards and upwards!
    Regards,
    Matty

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Matty they cannot offset like that mate. You'll get paid the refund.

Well done mate. And thank you so very much for your amazing site donation earlier. Totally unexpected and greatly received.

Best of luck mate - we'll filter out the remainder at the end of the reclaims and formalise a clear up with f&f's if you still want to take that route? Plenty of time yet...

Cheers Boss - No thanks required as all the thanks are all from me - you saved me & most probably my family by showing me the path to take and helping me along the way!

I will go down the route of F&F's once reclaims are sorted or before as is necessary (court action / unavoidable) but as you say plenty of time yet.

I have just spent the evening calculating the payments made to HSBC (PPI claim settled) retrospectively taking into account the effect had the ppi payments not been applied to the account and I reckon they owe me a 'few more bob' yet, as the account should have had a zero balance in 2003 if PPI had not been applied to it...I had been paying £200 / 250 per month since then which adds up very quickly.
      I can but try - next stop card services .

Regards,

Matty
      Last edited by MattyA; 3 November 2011, 06:39. Reason: re worded a bit

Comment

Best of luck Matty, get stuck into ema mate - you're right, when they refund this they should retrospectively put you in a position as if the product was never there so as you say, your account should have been closed ages ago - keep on at em
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Best of luck Matty, get stuck into ema mate - you're right, when they refund this they should retrospectively put you in a position as if the product was never there so as you say, your account should have been closed ages ago - keep on at em
          Who's ema & is she a nice girl ?

(1 -1 )

Matty

Comment

Get stuck into em lol

Oh the regal thing was in case people searched for wrong company as there IS actually a firm with that name too.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Get stuck into em lol

Oh the regal thing was in case people searched for wrong company as there IS actually a firm with that name too.....

Lol - no offence meant or tanken - just a bit of fun,your comment made me smile,cos I remeber trying to read the small print and hoping that I had got it right - must get soms bins.
              (hope you didnt take it the wrong way)

Matty

Comment

Nooooo mate. Jesus I'm the 4th biggest piss-taker here (after clevercloggs, angelic & Steve). The latter changed my avatar when I was on hols to a bloody Celtic badge then changed isp's and forgot to put it back thus I was a Celtic fan for over a week!!

Was gonna ban him for a week lol but then realised I can't cos he's the Webby hahaha

It's all fun mate.

Comment

Nooooo mate. Jesus I'm the 4th biggest piss-taker here (after clevercloggs, angelic & Steve). The latter changed my avatar when I was on hols to a bloody Celtic badge then changed isp's and forgot to put it back thus I was a Celtic fan for over a week!!

Was gonna ban him for a week lol but then realised I can't cos he's the Webby hahaha

It's all fun mate.
                  Cool - Thats all good then Boss :niddy

Comment

Quick up date on my PPI stuff.

Mint have settled - got a cheque back from them the other day AFTER they had deducted the whole of the outstanding balance on the card £11K! - which I dont agree with as part of this balance was made up of default charges and associated interest which adds up to a sizeable sum - So I am going to fight them for that.
                    it is another one off the list though.

Amex PPI reclaim - with the FOS for a year , have received an update letter from FOS saying as AMEX are not playing ball and settling like other banks an ombudsman will now get involved and this could take more than a year!

GM Card PPI -also with FOS who have sent a letter saying that their investigations continue - again this has been with them for a year.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                      Quick up date on my PPI stuff.

Mint have settled - got a cheque back from them the other day AFTER they had deducted the whole of the outstanding balance on the card £11K! - which I dont agree with as part of this balance was made up of default charges and associated interest which adds up to a sizeable sum - So I am going to fight them for that.
                      it is another one off the list though.

Amex PPI reclaim - with the FOS for a year , have received an update letter from FOS saying as AMEX are not playing ball and settling like other banks an ombudsman will now get involved and this could take more than a year!

GM Card PPI -also with FOS who have sent a letter saying that their investigations continue - again this has been with them for a year.

Matty

Thank you Matty for all your updates and hopefully there will be better news to come for 2012.

I don't blame you in regards of the Credit Card, that is an awful lot of money and with that I do feel you were entitled to receive the main of it.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Thank you Matty for all your updates and hopefully there will be better news to come for 2012.

I don't blame you in regards of the Credit Card, that is an awful lot of money and with that I do feel you were entitled to receive the main of it.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks Di - love your christmas avatar piccy - We is fellow Elves

Comment

Quick update

HFC PPI claim - FOS have written to my to let me know that (at long last) an ajudicator has now been assigned to my case and they will be writing to the bank.

Will keep you posted.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                            Quick update

HFC PPI claim - FOS have written to my to let me know that (at long last) an ajudicator has now been assigned to my case and they will be writing to the bank.

Will keep you posted.

Matty

Hi Matty

Phew, at last!

Hope you hear some good news soon, fingers crossed.

Di
                            X

Comment

Got my fingers crossed for you too Matty
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi,

Is any one any good or knows anyone who is any good at calculating exactly what is due in the way of redress with credit card PPI claims once upheld ......As I am sure the banks are conning us all.

I have been reviewing my claims, trying to come up with a consistent method (spreadsheet) of calculating this and my head is now mush.......every bank has a different method of trying to kid us and each time I queery anything or provide more suppoting evidence they have come back with another offer / figure.

For example HSBC offered me £4K (PPI premiums only) initially then £12K saying that they only had records going back 6 years ,then eventually £24K after I produced most statements going back to 1987.....how much have the banks got away with due to people shredding statements over the years?

In accepting my settlements ....I have always stipulated that it is in partial settlement of the claim until such time that they provide me with detailed breakdowns of their calculations proving to me that they have provided redress fully in accordance with the FOS guidelines.

Surprise surprise they are not very forthcoming with the detailed breakdowns.....so I have been trying to work it out myself and after creating spreadsheet after spreadsheet my mind is now blown.

I understand the principles of refunding the PPI premium and associated interest and recalcaulating the balance as if the PPI and insurance hd never been applied.
                                However this is where it gets tricky and raises several questions for me as my accounts are very long standing.
                                The FOS state that in recalculating the balance without the PPI & associated interest, if the balance becomes a positive one then statutory interest is due at the rate of 8% simple interest per year to compensate you for being deprived of the money.
                                Again relatively straightforward I suppose.

But in my case the balance became positive on one of the cards in August 2003 and quickly became substantially positive and to my reckoning the 8% doesnt even cover the payments that I continued to make or the interest that they continued to apply to the main balance.
                                To my mind they should be refunding all the payments made SINCE the balance became as positive one along with the interest that they continued to apply to the pretty much static and fairly sizeable balance....Then they should be apply 8% SI to the total of these two sums.

Does anyone agree with my ramblings or have I completely lost the plot.....?

I know the FOS want to keep it simple and believe whatever the banks tell them (from experience) but if I am correct with my thoughts or at least on the right lines I am prepared to go down the legal route to get every penny that is due.

Thoughts anyone?

Matty

Back to the spreadsheets for now - I need to get this right as I have one court case pending and our favourite lawyers are looking at another potential case,both of which involve PPI.
                                Last edited by MattyA; 8 February 2012, 23:04. Reason: Added a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X