GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI and SAR requests - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI and SAR requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI and SAR requests

When requesting a SAR I have only received the past 6 years worth of transactions, paperwork etc. Do the banks/financial institutions keep records any longer than this and if so, how do I get hold of them.

Re: PPI and SAR requests

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
    When requesting a SAR I have only received the past 6 years worth of transactions, paperwork etc. Do the banks/financial institutions keep records any longer than this and if so, how do I get hold of them.
    If the SAR is regarding an on going and active account then they should have the paperwork from the very beginning whether it began 6 years ago or 20 years ago otherwise you would be able to dispute any money owing to the account if it can't be reconciled to the beginning of a loan or mortgage.

Call the ICO and make an initial enquiry with them, they will more than likely tell you to request any paperwork you think is missing and if the bank refuse you can make a complaint to the ICO about what you believe is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
      I have done a few now and they vary between (and even within) institutions.

A NatWest SAR brought 18 years of paperwork and statements, etc. relating to bank accounts. The credit card part of the SAR only brought 6 years worth and a note saying that was all they had.

Comment

It varied on my SAR's with different banks etc, but for more direct info I also went directly into the old bank with my old bank account number and they provided me with some details directly, it can also depend how lenient they are, so if you do have any banks local to you give it a go x

Comment

it's more for a credit card that was closed about 12 months ago. The only info I have received was 6 years worth of transactions. Is it worth writing again, when I sent a request at the end of last year with £10 back then?

Comment

If they failed to provide you with all the info they held on the systems, where they should do at least the last 6 years or so, then you should write back and state that you are disappointed to have send a SAR request on date XX/XX/XXXX but received minimum information, so are writing to request they send ALL the information held on the account numberx XXXXXXXX by 14 days, failure to do so, you will consider contacting the Information Commissoners Office (ICO). Also remind them that you paid the sufficient fee required with your SAR, so you will expect to receive every information they hold.

Any probs let us know x

Comment

Working...
            X