GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script my successes! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my successes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my successes!

Hi Di,

I've had a few results with card charges reclaims, I wiil post over the next few days!

This one made me happy - Barclaycard, I claimed just £48 + £22 interest, I wasn't going to bother at first but as I was reclaiming on others just did it at the same time. Offer I got back very quickly was £246 & £60.13 interest ! What a result hehe. Anyway it was only a small debt (£434) so it left just £128 that I was going to pay. I got details out & realised I'd never spent anything on it since Mar 06 & all debt was for charges & interest added, so i wrote in Nov asking them to reduce to 0 balance due to the fact I had been charged so much more than the 8% i'd claimed. I never heard anything so sent same letter in Dec. I got a reply letter yesterday & they've paid £149.90 to the card (which means I'll get a bit in a cheque too!) So I;m very pleased as you can imagine, another debt gone, nothing ventured nothing gained they say...
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
    Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Re: my successes!

Originally posted by findingaway View Post
    Hi Di,

I've had a few results with card charges reclaims, I wiil post over the next few days!

This one made me happy - Barclaycard, I claimed just £48 + £22 interest, I wasn't going to bother at first but as I was reclaiming on others just did it at the same time. Offer I got back very quickly was £246 & £60.13 interest ! What a result hehe. Anyway it was only a small debt (£434) so it left just £128 that I was going to pay. I got details out & realised I'd never spent anything on it since Mar 06 & all debt was for charges & interest added, so i wrote in Nov asking them to reduce to 0 balance due to the fact I had been charged so much more than the 8% i'd claimed. I never heard anything so sent same letter in Dec. I got a reply letter yesterday & they've paid £149.90 to the card (which means I'll get a bit in a cheque too!) So I;m very pleased as you can imagine, another debt gone, nothing ventured nothing gained they say...
    Excellent Result, Well done

Gerry x x

Comment

Well Done! Great News!
      Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

Hi Di,

This one made me happy - Barclaycard, ..
        Any chnace I couold have a copy of the template that you used?

Reason I ask is last letter I sent to barclaycard regards this they just flat refused me. I have had a load more charges since (due to unemployment) and I want them back!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Di,

Fantastic, well done honey, so pleased for you!

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            Any chnace I couold have a copy of the template that you used?

Reason I ask is last letter I sent to barclaycard regards this they just flat refused me. I have had a load more charges since (due to unemployment) and I want them back!
            Oscar I used the one on MSE and used their calculator to add the interest on, easy to use! Just shows though how these companies don't seem to have a standard approach, I only asked for difference between what i'd been charged & £12 but they sent me a schedule of charges & gave me all i'd been charged back ( with this new letter they sent same charges but put correct interestwhich was 25.9%) so I then started asking for all charges but have had offers for the difference! I don't know if it made a difference but none of my cards were "live" & all except the barclaycard were defaulted. Hope you get them back Oscar. let us know how you get on.

I'll get my other sucesses out & post this week as I've had some other interesting ones haha. I started reclaiming in Aug but only just realised that I've not put them on this thread while I've been getting aquanted with this new site!
            Last edited by findingaway; 16 January 2011, 23:25. Reason: added more

Comment

So from on here then?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...t-card-charges

Comment

Yes that's the one Di, scroll to the bottom for the calculator. I don't know if there is a template on here though, as I'd started all my reclaims before I found this site in September.

SAW

Comment

Well its certainly done the trick for you, well done!

Comment

I have just spent last 15 mins updating & when I went to post, it said I'd to refresh & log on again! It showed me as still logged on so I don't know what happened, (prob something I'm doing wrong) anyway I have to go now so promise I'll update during the week
                    FAW

PS How do I get smilies now? Gone onto advanced & just getting post icons now

Comment

Hiya

Could be a few minor hiccups, if this continues let us know if you can.
                      Cheers.

So have you found the smilies yet, normally as you click on new reply they are on the right hand side of this box.
                      I have not tried advance yet though.......

Comment

PS How do I get smilies now? Gone onto advanced & just getting post icons now
                        See here--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...60&postcount=3

Comment

Thanks for that Swanfan, was just about to check this out and post up much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Swanny I did it on third try (after writng instructions down after 2 attemptsI'm a happy bunny now I've got my little friends back

FAW

Comment

Got a good update for you all! I sent reclaim in for Mint card & they offered me the diff of £8 a time which came to just over £90, so I wrote back saying I'd asked for ALL charges. Got a letter today offering full amount of £743!! Woo-hoo - what a result!!! FAW

Comment

Working...
                              X