GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Question mark on an old 90's loan agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question mark on an old 90's loan agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question mark on an old 90's loan agreement

Wanted to add this here, so I don't forget lol.

Not sure if its a reclaim as such yet, but did find yet another loan agreement (Lloyds) - our old address shown on it, that was then almost 13 years ago, although no date of the loan, but just our names, amounts and bank ticked/crossed for PPI.
    It was though to pay off a previous loan, but I am unable to match it up on what paid off this loan.

I have emailed it to Customer Services of Lloyds and PPI support section, although I am expecting them to get back (when they do) and confirm it's already been actioned.

Re: Question mark on an old 90's loan agreement

I have five that I can think of, loans from LTSB from the 90's but no paperwork hence my SAR, I have always been self employed and can clearly remember the small business manager telling me that I NEED the insurance to ensure I get the loans because I WAS self employed, naughty naughty. No wonder he drove a bloomin Porsche

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      I have five that I can think of, loans from LTSB from the 90's but no paperwork hence my SAR, I have always been self employed and can clearly remember the small business manager telling me that I NEED the insurance to ensure I get the loans because I WAS self employed, naughty naughty. No wonder he drove a bloomin Porsche
      LOL Vossy

I have had all mine upheld and resolved now, just came across that agreement and cannot recall for definate if its been actioned, as I am unable to find my letters received from lloyds of the ones they have resolved.

But anyway, if you have the account numbers you can still continue to make a reclaim, the least they will do is give you an offer, which is not bad from the 90's old case, especially if you've no paperwork at all, but know you had and were paying for PPI.

So it maybe worth doing that, see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        LOL Vossy

I have had all mine upheld and resolved now, just came across that agreement and cannot recall for definate if its been actioned, as I am unable to find my letters received from lloyds of the ones they have resolved.

But anyway, if you have the account numbers you can still continue to make a reclaim, the least they will do is give you an offer, which is not bad from the 90's old case, especially if you've no paperwork at all, but know you had and were paying for PPI.

So it maybe worth doing that, see what happens.
        Hi Di,

Yes sent the account numbers with the SAR, no paperwork at all so IF they do offer the average I will be taking it like a shot.

Just to add I have found today that I had two UDT loans also, which is now LTSB and both had PPI on them added to the loan, I also have the original docs from 1993 showing £1,540 worth of PPI I was self employed then also, that is a new one going in as well now.

Not expecting LTSB to play ball because it took me ages and a court date to get over two grands worth of bank charges back.

Fingers crossed, just got to find the address for LTSB/UDT, I am guessing 25 Gresham Street though.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
          Hi Di,

Yes sent the account numbers with the SAR, no paperwork at all so IF they do offer the average I will be taking it like a shot.

Just to add I have found today that I had two UDT loans also, which is now LTSB and both had PPI on them added to the loan, I also have the original docs from 1993 showing £1,540 worth of PPI I was self employed then also, that is a new one going in as well now.

Not expecting LTSB to play ball because it took me ages and a court date to get over two grands worth of bank charges back.

Fingers crossed, just got to find the address for LTSB/UDT, I am guessing 25 Gresham Street though.

Keep at them, you will get there, stand your ground and never give in.

Good luck.

Comment

I wonder how far bank one would have to go before a bank tried to argue that the Limitation Act 1980 limited claims to the last six years.

One might argue that section 32 of the Act (link) would negate such a defence, but I also suspect one might have to prove the concealment or fraud for one's claim to succeed.

Comment

I have previously been successful on lloyds 96 to 98 accounts, and as they did not hold much information, I had a little of the paperwork myself, and received offers, so was happy about that.

I think some banks may be more lenient than others, in my case though, I think it was a case of getting me off their backs lol.

Comment

I got PPI back (+ 8%) on a loan with HSBC going back to 1992 - they tried all the trick in the book,denied knowledge of me ever having a loan with them etc ....but like vossy I too had the original documents. Im sure they had them too but hid behind the 6 year rule when I SAR'd 'em - which I did just for the hell of it TBH coz they were messing me about.

You will be fine - stick out for the lot.

Matty
                Last edited by MattyA; 16 February 2012, 20:33.

Comment

I think if they do not have any paperwork at all then they are gambling on you not chasing it, keep at it like Di said, call their bluff - they will not go to court on PPI.

Comment

Received an email back from customer services/section, who said she was unable to track down the agreement, but assuming it must have been the one where they gave an offer, and because she already given us dates of all loans as from 1997.

So I just emailed back and said, well I was wondering if there were any loans prior to that date, because its my old address, and I have checked statements, and the repayments do not match any on the statements I do have from 1997. Okay I do not have every single statement, but I recall on taking out a loan paying £111.18 a month, this one has been actioned with that offer as stated, but I'm sure there was one before that.

See what she comes back with, but I do not have any statements showing that amount of £108 a month, as shown on the agreement sent to her, which is why I think it maybe prior to 1997.

Comment

Was meant to post this email received earlier in regards of my post above, where I have since emailed her back to question it again, because it doesnt appear to match all she says.

Her reply in regards of the stated agreement below, now just waiting for a further one from them.

Dear ,

Thank you for your further communication enclosing a copy of a loan or quote agreement taken out by you possibly in the 1990’s.

I have checked our records and can confirm that due to the age of the agreement I’m unable to find any further information specific to the paperwork you have provided. However I have checked our records and can confirm that you have taken the following loans with us and we have responded in full to the details you have provided and comprehensive offers have been made to you.

Loan- 1********** under reference CC/ Full Refund
                      2********** under reference CC/Full Refund
                      3********** under reference CC/Full Refund

Loan 4 ********* we were unable to provide specific calculations and you were offered and accepted £1200.00 redress under reference CC/.

Loan 5 ********** Full refunds offered under reference CC/.
                      Loan 6 ********** we were unable to provide specific calculations and you were offered and accepted £1200.00 redress under reference CC/.
                      Loan 7 ********** a full refund was offered and accepted under reference CC/.
                      Our records show no further loans being taken out by you (and our records show loans being closed back as far as 1997) so I can only assume that the agreement you have now provided which shows an insurance amount of £694.77 has been addressed under one of the offers we have made you of £1200.00.

I trust this helps to clarify your concerns.

Yours sincerely

Operations Manager
                      PPI Group Operations
                      Last edited by di30; 17 February 2012, 15:37.

Comment

It's like has been said on here loads of times Di, just keep on at them and even if they say they have no paperwork (hmmm) and you have no paperwork you should get the standard offer really as they have no choice because they can't prove you did or didn't - if that makes sense!

Money money money - I love free money

Comment

Working...
                        X