GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Court paperwork received re Santander - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court paperwork received re Santander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court paperwork received re Santander

Just posting here for this, as I was posting on my UE thread which was causing confusion.

We received the court paperwork, however, while I've bombarded poor Paul with a number of questions, after re-reading the court info section, I do have a few other questions.

- We have not yet responded to the paperwork, although we need to do so soon. We would like to have more time to coordinate whether or not we have a decent defence. If we click that we'd like more time and are planning on defending the claim, are we then committed to defending?

- Do we need to request the CPR31-18 ? It's been mentioned that the CCA does not technically contain all the terms and conditions needed. And there are some issues with the default notices. I wouldn't know a termination notice if it bit me - haven't seen any paperwork with that, but it's the creditor themselves involved in the court case, so does that not apply? (sorry, slight confusion on that one - wasn't sure if that was only if DCA involved)

A few other questions, but they are specifically related to the I&E thing, which I'd prefer not to post in open/searchable areas if possible.

We are mulling over defending, but have been told it can be difficult to get it done correctly. Another point is that DH is clinically depressed right now, on meds, and in a bit of a fragile place right now - there's no way he could cope with an appearance in court, and it's his name on the account.

Anyway, posted in here as I didn't want to confuse the issues in the UE section.

Thanks.

Re: Court paperwork received re Santander

Hi the important thing is to make sure that you acknowledge service within the time frame so that is you you want to defend then they cannot get a judgement by default (though some do try!).

Without have checked your other thread or seeing the POC you usually sent the CPR 31.14 to request any documents mentioned in the POC. I believe it is the 31.18 the POC is vague and you want to find out if they have the documents.

I believe you can change your plea at any point.

Re court, it depends which track and the DJ. The DJ let me represent my OH and I won (Unfortunately A different DJ and my own case and I lost!!!)

We are all awaiting the result of the Brandon appeal which may help with DN questions.

Hopefully I am right with my answer, if not I'm sorry and I'm sure Paul and Niddy will give the right answers.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Was Paul helping with this....?

ie 3 default notices from one account

or not the same account?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It is the same account, yes. But as I said, I don't feel comfortable bombarding Paul's email, and I know he has access here. Plus it's a bit sticky, and I'm a bit unsure what to do at this point. I don't want to put Paul in a uncomfortable position as far as his work is concerned.

He is aware of the details of the account, as are you (Niddy) for the most part. I'm worried that we're going a bit in circles trying to figure out the best course of action, due to some conflicting information and obviously some basic lack of knowledge about the court system on my part.

That's why I posted here. Plus it means I don't have to stray off topic on the UE threads.

This is where I'm sitting right now:

The 3 DNs have incorrect information (the amounts) on them, and apparently the CCA doesn't include the complete terms and conditions. However, it is not enough to make them withdraw, and it only means they can then fix it (?), which I assume means reissue the DN in proper form and produce a correct CCA. I'm unclear of the whole procedure of all this, though. And I have no idea how to present a defence (to turn in to the court) regarding these things.

We haven't responded yet. The paperwork date is 4 July, and it states we must respond by 14 days after date of service, which is supposed to be 5 days after paperwork date. So 14 days from 9 July, correct? Which puts us at responding (online) by 22 July (as 23 July is a Saturday), correct? I was planning on acknowledging receipt to defend, which says it gives you more time to put together defence, but was waiting until closer to the deadline date to do so.
        Last edited by liandconsmum; 14 July 2011, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by liandconsmum View Post
          It is the same account, yes. But as I said, I don't feel comfortable bombarding Paul's email, and I know he has access here. Plus it's a bit sticky, and I'm a bit unsure what to do at this point. I don't want to put Paul in a uncomfortable position as far as his work is concerned.

He is aware of the details of the account, as are you (Niddy) for the most part. I'm worried that we're going a bit in circles trying to figure out the best course of action, due to some conflicting information and obviously some basic lack of knowledge about the court system on my part.

That's why I posted here. Plus it means I don't have to stray off topic on the UE threads.
          I strongly urge you to contact Paul, he is our preferred legal resource here and so you should contact him for advice. The thing is, if it is worth fighting and he has time he will fight it for you (depending on other circs, obviously). However you need to call him - I'll PM you the details and make sure you ring and explain everything....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I got the info Niddy. I tried the number, but it just gives a weird tone. The other number goes through, but it's a fax line and nobody but the fax machine picks up.

Comment

I got the info Niddy. I tried the number, but it just gives a weird tone. The other number goes through, but it's a fax line and nobody but the fax machine picks up.
              see your pm's

Comment

Niddy - I managed to talk to him. All sorted for now, and working on things. Thank you so much!

Comment

Niddy - I managed to talk to him. All sorted for now, and working on things. Thank you so much!
                  Good!! Due to confidentiality Paul couldnt say anything to me other than he'd get in touch. Obviously if you're happy for him to keep me updated you need to tell him and give the aye ok

Otherwise I can't really get too involved as Paul works under instruction and that's between you two - not me

He's good - he won't give anything away so you can feel safe in the knowledge your info is secure. He told me diddly squat - but I never asked him to as I know his position! Failing that send a pm with a mini update to keep me in the loop

Comment

Good luck with this.

Santander issued court papers against me a few months ago. I had a dodgy DN so while I was thinking things over I said that I wanted to defend the claim.

In the end, I decided it was just one technicality and not worth fighting over ( I rent and wasn't earning very much). They got judgement against me - £1 a month
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                      Good luck with this.

They got judgement against me - £1 a month
                      ha love it
                      at the start of this journey i owed
                      £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                      £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                      on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                      as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                      ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Niddy - I have a couple questions regarding filling out the forms, however, I would prefer not to have it in a searchable area as it would rather out our identity if trawled over. Where is best to ask please?

Comment

Working...
                        X