GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stepchange dmp - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stepchange dmp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepchange dmp

ive been in dmp since May 2014. Owed debt approx 21k 10 creditors. I've recently changed jobs and have substantial increase in salary. I am really worried and stressed that when I come to my review stepchange will take all the additional monies from me and I will be left again with very little money to live on. It's been a real struggle for me the last 18 months and I got a new job to give myself and my daughter a better life. However if they take the extra money from me every month I will be in the same position. I'd be very grateful for any advice of what I need to do

Re: Stepchange dmp

Hi & welcome

Don't tell stepchange and if necessary, do a self managed dmp....

I need to nip out just now but have a read around and others will reply - back later.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you. So what do I tell them when they do my review and they ask me my monthly salary? Sorry to sound so needy it's just completely worrying me.

Comment

Don't let it worry you. It's declaration based - not verification based remember
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So are we saying that when they ask if my salary has changed I can tell them no and keep this to myself? If this is the case what happens if they ask me for payslips and proof of earnings? Thank you so much for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by welshgirl27 View Post
            So are we saying that when they ask if my salary has changed I can tell them no and keep this to myself? If this is the case what happens if they ask me for payslips and proof of earnings? Thank you so much for your advice.
            I cannot advise you what to do. What I'd do, is exactly as you suggest.

They have no no right to demand proof. If they do say you'll do it yourself & quit the DMP. Hand on heart - I'd never have entered into one myself. Urgh.

You do realise a DMP prolongs your agony - you'll have 12+ years bad credit record. Default and it's only 6 years then start over, afresh.

Comment

Hi welsh girl and welcome to AAD. How old are your debts? If they are before 2007 they may not be legally enforceable. As long as a payment is being made to each account so it will be recorded on your credit file and will never go away. If you look at the enenforceability diaries you will see what can occur. http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...bility-Diaries
              Alternatively, if you chose to administer your own dmp, all the money goes on the outstanding amounts and not stepchange. You can just tell them that you no longer wish to continue and make your own payments using the original figures supplied.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi many thanks sorry to sound stupid but was do you mean by enforceable?

Comment

Consumer credit Agreements are either Enforceable or unenforceable= They contain all the correct details as per Legislation or fail to (i.e. correct format)
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

See this -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...PDATED-09-2015

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X