GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script wage deduction - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wage deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wage deduction

I have a court order on my wages for £5 per week to a former landlord. Added to this was a fee of £1 my employer charges for handling this.
    In 2010 when the court order was originally placed on my account it was for almost £50 per week. As I have a family to support this made me ill and I ended up with 6 months on the sick claiming ESA.
    I picked up my wage slip today and there is a court order deduction for £38 and a £2 fee indicating it might be a second court order.
    I will admit I am bloody annoyed as I have had no communication as to what this second order is for.
    I will be contacting wages in the morning to try and get to the bottom of this. Are there any magic words I can use to stop work taking money for a court order I know nothing about?

TIA
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Re: wage deduction

You can make an application to the court to get that Attachment of Earnings varied downwards to something manageable, but obviously you'll need to know where it's come from first. Your employer should help you with that. It's not their fault, they just have to do as ordered by the court sadly.

You should have been invited to the court to explain your finances before this happened, and an AOE only relates to an established CCJ.

Post up when you get some information from your employer and we'll take it from there.

In the meantime here's some information on how to get that AOE varied which will probably be your next step:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/...your_wages.htm

Comment

Thanks, wages have sent me a four word reply to my enquiry.
      "North East Lincolnshire Council" so one must assume I have out standing council tax.
      Bit miffed they've not contacted me. I lived in a house from May to October 2011 then became a lodger. They were informed by letter of new address and it's not changed since.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeDreddy View Post
        wages have sent me a four word reply to my enquiry. "North East Lincolnshire Council" so one must assume I have out standing council tax.
        Bit miffed they've not contacted me. I lived in a house from May to October 2011 then became a lodger. They were informed by letter of new address and it's not changed since.
        So this would be a CTAEO following a Magistrates Liability Order not a CCJ.

Maybe you should immediately make contact with the council tax department for North East Lincolnshire to tell them that you were not advised of the Magistrates Court summons etc. etc.

http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/resident/c...-tax-payments/

I don't know how to get an AOE Order suspended so I'll flag this up for someone who might be able to help.

You also need to know whether the amount they are claiming is accurate.

Start by contacting the local authority. If you get no joy then make a formal complaint which you can take all the way to the Local Government Ombudsman if necessary.

http://www.lgo.org.uk/complaints-about-council-tax/

Keep us posted in the meantime

Comment

Working...
        X