GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Even after 4 years !!!!!!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even after 4 years !!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even after 4 years !!!!!!!!

My record has been clean for over 4 years , in fact in not over much a year all my defaults should have vanished.

so I thought I fancy a new mobile phone , I already have well run contracts with O2 and orange, but I fancied giving 3 ago on there 4g package. So I applied only to be turned down and to rub salt into the wound , I got a letter reducing my credit card limit with bank do Scotland down by £1500!!

i would have hoped that things would be getting better on the credit front not worst. Am I being stupid , will nothing get better until after six years,

Re: Even after 4 years !!!!!!!!

arghhh mate, you've not helped yourself there sadly. Data sharing is rife amongst lenders now so unless you REALLY need something, don't apply. Certainly not if you've managed to obtain credit within the 6 year default period of older debts.......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      arghhh mate, you've not helped yourself there sadly. Data sharing is rife amongst lenders now so unless you REALLY need something, don't apply. Certainly not if you've managed to obtain credit within the 6 year default period of older debts.......

Fair enough mate, but I was just curios and I didn't think mobile phone providers went back that far. Are the mobile providers tightening up a nd does anybody know what they are like on sim only deals??

on the credit card, I should have defaulted on that as well, 5 years ago, but I thought keep a couple going and in order but I shouldn't have bothered!!!!

Comment

Know how you feel. I should have defaulted on all of my "alleged" debts in one hit. As it is I have spread my defaults over 91/2 years. Hopefully won't need credit again.

Comment

I think the problem is going to a different provider whilst having 2 running accounts.

my credit is shot, but I have been able to add up to 5 phones to my Vodafone account.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's not a problem, adding phones to me existing accounts O2 ans orange are fine. I just fancied giving 3 ago as there deal for going aboard and 4 g is much better and they do unlimited data !!

Comment

i would buy a bolt on for abroad - these prices have started to drop as well as O2 puts a locking system if you exceed your data allowance as well as alert you near to the allowance when abroad. If in doubt i would switch my data roaming, 3g/4g off. I do that when abroad, and come back with a clean bill of health (i never even use a bolt on). if unsure buy a pay as you go and a bolt on for roaming international. Most hotels give you free wi-fi or an daily allowance for data roaming within their hotel/ground. we stayed in croatia last year on an island and used the free usage of 1gb allowance for the week and never even got to 500 MB let alone the 1gb allowance. and we uploaded photos daily!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I already have that bolt on, but on 3 now you get your minutes , data a txt within your normal bundle when aboard and that and the unlimited data is what interested me..

Comment

Working...
                X