GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ArrowGlobal-Vanquis - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ArrowGlobal-Vanquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArrowGlobal-Vanquis

i everyone.. great site

just a newbie here - I have read through a few interesting posts.I was wondering if anyone can give me some guidance?

I opened a vanquis card started on 23/8/2008 online. I used it carefully always paying on time at first then there was a big change in my personal circumstances were my husband left me 2009, I struggled to pay after that as my own income was not enough to cover the neccessary everyday outgoings. at the time my credit limit was £1500 I had used around£1475 ..they added charges and resulted in end balance £1826.
    I didn't know what to do as I was basically going through a breakdown with all the stress..result did nothing about it.. On recently checked my credit file it says
    Vanquis- started 23/8/2008
    current balance settled
    account updated 5/7/2009
    settlement date 5/6/2009
    below this
    Arrow Global Ltd
    started 23/5/2008
    Balance £1,826 updated 13/3/2011 status8
    Default 30/6/2010

I originally was contacted by first credit offering 50% discount if I paid but didn't have the funds to cover it. after that it's been passed about freds/bryan carter/robinson way/moorcroft, loads of others! god knows how many at least. with Scotcall being the latest..phone call &texts

I have never aknowledged this debt or paid anything since around 2009 when vanquis marked it as settled.
    I'm wondering if it's statued Barred? but not sure which direction to take..

Joan

Re: ArrowGlobal-Vanquis

Can you work out when you last paid anything in 2009? In Scotland a debt becomes SB after 5 years.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Cymruambyth,

thank you for the reply i think roughly last payment may 2009.. I don't have any statements unfortunately

Joan

Comment

Does the default start from when Vanquis defaulted me or my last payment with them ?

I'm really confused arrow bought the debt it in 2009 then defaulted me 2010! maybe experian got the year wrong if that makes sense s is the statue barred date 5 years from the default date on experian..

sorry so many questions really confused

Joan x

Comment

Statute Barred, is in Scotland, 5 years and 1 month from last payment.

Default date is something else entirely.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X