GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

Hi everyone! Brief description of my problem -
    Lowells/ Hamptons own 2 Hsbos accounts 1 credit card 1 overdraft. Cc is pre 2007 overdraft opened 2000. Statue barred around May 2014. Noa sent to me July 2013 for both accounts, I have ignored all their letters until now.

Recently sent them a prove it letter for both accounts, as they were implying they are seriously considering legal action now. They have replied saying they are requesting cca and statement of account for the credit card, as I have not formally requested a cca should I send them a cputr letter to ensure they will be sending copy of original if they have it?

Also on their Noa they are quoting an incorrect credit card number, same with their "hello" letter, all other letters seem to have the correct number but would this render the Noa void? Not sure whether to also mention this in a letter to them, In my prove it letter I did ask for the actual deed but they obviously won't comply with that.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Help Needed

Hi and welcome to AAD, I've moved your post so you receive more views and replies
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Loopyloo View Post
        Hi everyone! Brief description of my problem -
        Lowells/ Hamptons own 2 Hsbos accounts 1 credit card 1 overdraft. Cc is pre 2007 overdraft opened 2000. Statue barred around May 2014. Noa sent to me July 2013 for both accounts, I have ignored all their letters until now.

Recently sent them a prove it letter for both accounts, as they were implying they are seriously considering legal action now. They have replied saying they are requesting cca and statement of account for the credit card, as I have not formally requested a cca should I send them a cputr letter to ensure they will be sending copy of original if they have it?

Also on their Noa they are quoting an incorrect credit card number, same with their "hello" letter, all other letters seem to have the correct number but would this render the Noa void? Not sure whether to also mention this in a letter to them, In my prove it letter I did ask for the actual deed but they obviously won't comply with that.

Any help appreciated.
        Hi and welcome....

If it were me I'd wait and see what they send back first......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Loopyloo and welcome to AAD
          No, CPUTR isn't relevant at this point..only if they start trying to fob you off without being clear about whether they have an agreement or not.
          Instead, I would definitely send a formal CCA Request for the card if I was you. That way you have a defence if they fail to comply.
          Template letter here:http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...2-cca-requests

We also do a request for OD's too, this is purely experimental and doesn't carry the same clout as one for a card or loan, but it is useful to keep them occupied:
          http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...request-part-1

Elsa x

Comment

You say it's Statue barred around May 2014....When did you last pay anything on these ?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah I did think it would be best for me to formally request them as well.

Thanks

Comment

Last paid something to credit card around March/April 2009, and last bank credit into overdraft would have been the same time as I opened new account with diff bank April 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopyloo View Post
                  Last paid something to credit card around March/April 2009, and last bank credit into overdraft would have been the same time as I opened new account with diff bank April 2009.
                  SB is 6 years unless you live in Scotland......then it's 5 years

Comment

Yeah I'm in Scotland.

Comment

You lucky person. Can we all move in with you and knock a year off ours?

Comment

I know, think its one of the only good thing Scotland has got going for it at the moment!

Comment

Working...
                        X