GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script full and final on a ccj - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

full and final on a ccj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full and final on a ccj

i have one ccj with lewis group and that along with drysdenfairfax are the only 2 creditors being paid from my payplanplus account, the ccj is £3.89 a month and the outstanding balance is £680 ,we are thinking of offering these a full and final and then dumping payplan and just paying drysdenfairfax through their website .

If we do this and dump payplan will this awaken the crditors who i am dealing with on here ?
    as in will payplan write and tell the creditors that we no longer deal with them , i know the debts are looking UE and some have admitted so , but we are still getting letters from them all .
    please and thank you

Re: full and final on a ccj

The ones that have admitted UE, your still paying?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      The ones that have admitted UE, your still paying?
      no there are only two debts we are paying now , the charge on the house for a fiver a month and the ccj for 3.89 a month which we are thinking of offering a full and final to get rid and then dump payplan .
      Last edited by Spent2much; 4 July 2013, 07:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        no there are only two debts we are paying now , the charge on the house for a fiver a month and the ccj for 3.89 a month which we are thinking of offering a full and final to get rid and then dump payplan .
        Hi,
        I also have a ccj with lewis group pay a tenner a month on £2000 debt, been paying for 2 years so owe about £1700 so will be interested if they accept a F/F from you at what %.
        Good Luck.

Comment

worth a try making an offer? perhaps a good worded letter or one of niddys templates will work.

Looking at it, it would take you 174 months (14 n half years) to pay £680. id offer em £200 as Full and final
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            worth a try making an offer? perhaps a good worded letter or one of niddys templates will work.

Looking at it, it would take you 174 months (14 n half years) to pay £680. id offer em £200 as Full and final
            yes this is what we were thinking of offering, and we have been paying them this for nearly 7 years so they might accept £200 instead of waiting fourteen and a half years .

I will have to look at the template letters

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
              Hi,
              I also have a ccj with lewis group pay a tenner a month on £2000 debt, been paying for 2 years so owe about £1700 so will be interested if they accept a F/F from you at what %.
              Good Luck.
              hello , yes i will keep you updated

Comment

i have one ccj with lewis group and that along with drysdenfairfax are the only 2 creditors being paid from my payplanplus account, the ccj is £3.89 a month and the outstanding balance is £680 ,we are thinking of offering these a full and final and then dumping payplan and just paying drysdenfairfax through their website .

If we do this and dump payplan will this awaken the crditors who i am dealing with on here ?
                as in will payplan write and tell the creditors that we no longer deal with them , i know the debts are looking UE and some have admitted so , but we are still getting letters from them all .
                please and thank you
                Hi S2m

If I understand you correctly, there are only 2 debts logged with Payplan (if there were others they would surely be paying them too).

As I recall, when I ditched Payplan they said, understandably,that they would notify the creditors that they were no longer dealing with the debts. However why would they write to anyone not in the DMP?

A point to note - when you ditch Payplan they will quite quickly lock you out of your account, so if you want to keep a record of the payments in and dispersements, the I&E details, etc, etc, you had better print them off before you tell them that you will not be paying any more into their account.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
                  A point to note - when you ditch Payplan they will quite quickly lock you out of your account, so if you want to keep a record of the payments in and dispersements, the I&E details, etc, etc, you had better print them off before you tell them that you will not be paying any more into their account.
                  Good call!
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
                    Hi S2m

If I understand you correctly, there are only 2 debts logged with Payplan (if there were others they would surely be paying them too).

As I recall, when I ditched Payplan they said, understandably,that they would notify the creditors that they were no longer dealing with the debts. However why would they write to anyone not in the DMP?

hi thank you , it wont be for a few months until i get an acceptance of the full and final but i will print everything out as you suggest , good to know someone who has had experience with cancelling payplan so thank you once again for this advice

Comment

Good morning all ,
                      Could i ask your opinion please on how much you would offer as a F&F to a debt which is secured via a charge on our home , The debt is for £4.963.

I also have a ccj which is £626.

I need to clear these as we are seriously considering selling our house to down size .

Thank you

Comment

I don't think you can make F&F settlements on either of these debts. As I understand it the debt on the Charging Order would be paid out of any profits when you sell your home.

I'm sure someone will be along who will know more but I didn't want to read and run.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi Pixie,
                          thank you for replying . When the charge first went on we got a call from Eversheds and they told us if we ever feel we want to make an offer to pay the debt off it would be welcome and they would consider it .

Comment

Hi Pixie,
                            thank you for replying . When the charge first went on we got a call from Eversheds and they told us if we ever feel we want to make an offer to pay the debt off it would be welcome and they would consider it .
                            Hi S2M
                            Don't tell Eversheds that you are considering selling, you want to give them the impression that they will wait a looong time to get the debt paid if they are not willing to accept your F&F offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                              Hi S2M
                              Don't tell Eversheds that you are considering selling, you want to give them the impression that they will wait a looong time to get the debt paid if they are not willing to accept your F&F offer.
                              Yes that's good advice thank you , we only pay £5 a month off the debt lol.
                              We have just seen some very cheap properties around for £ 30-40 thousand and thought we could by one cash and be mortgage free , the only thing really holding us back is that our debts won't be SB until August 2018 so if we owned a house outright they would surely want those debts on it in the form of a charge wouldn't they ?

Comment

Working...
                              X