GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I'm in good standing with banks. CCA request a good idea? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in good standing with banks. CCA request a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in good standing with banks. CCA request a good idea?

I'm in good standing with my bank and creditors. I'm in debt, but never defaulted. I've had the accounts a long time..

Barclays Current Account 17 years
    Barclaycard 14 years
    Capital one 9 years

but i can't remember how i applied for them so i would like to send a SAR or CCA request to check for UE before i begin my journey and setting up a diary on here.

Which one should i choose and will the bank play silly buggers like asking me to bring my overdraft into credit, reducing the overdraft size etc.

Barclays & Barclaycard btw

Many thanks
    Last edited by Mr-Boink™; 18 May 2013, 15:34.

Re: I'm in good standing with banks. CCA request a good idea?

I'd be changing banks if it were me.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As Deepie says, you need to get out of there quicker than an Arab jogging through Golders Green. Overdrafts are repayable on demand. Is your income being paid into a Barclays account? If it is, get an alternative opened as quickly as you can and make sure that whoever pays you has the new account number.

If the only alleged debts you have are with Barclays, then you have plenty of choices. Some of the better basic accounts are Co-op Cashminder (no longer available to undischarged bankrupts, but that is not a problem in your case), Yorkshire Bank (there is a branch in Dudley), or HSBC. These come with Direct Debit and standing order facilities and a proper debit card.

Protect your income first, and then worry about anything else.

SH

Comment

Yes, my income and all DD go in/out of the barclays additions+ account.

I've opened a natwest account with online feature and debit card. That's all up and running. Just need to put some money in there and transfer DD etc over.

The main thing i want to be sure about is whether my credit agreement with barclaycard is UE BEFORE i shut the door on them and go down the road of UE. The last thing i want is to get into more debt then find out my credit agreement IS Enforceable. Knowing my luck, they have my original credit agreement sitting in an organised draw with the barclaycard representative waiting to answer me. I always think of the worst possible scenarios with everything in life. It keep me on my toes and i come to learn more than the average person about various topics because of my way of thinking. I know it can be blagged if it is enforceable, but i would rather know first hand for piece of mind.

Which brings me back to my original question.Will a simple SAR request put the barclays and barclaycard on high alert?. What about when people claim for PPI? They send off a SAR, and they never get their accounts limited? Or do they?

I'm under the impression that a SAR will give me everything i need to determine if my credit agreement is enforceable or not. They're supposed to send everything including any original agreements, so would this be the best option?
        Last edited by Mr-Boink™; 18 May 2013, 14:20.

Comment

Well done so far.

You need the protection of a CCA request being in default to prevent enforcement. Send a s. 78 request for the Sharklaycard, and one of our special overdraft requests for the bank account. That doesn't mean that you can't send a SAR as well, but the CCA request is vital.

If there is mis-sold PPI on these accounts, it may come in to play in the future. Also, if they default you and sell these on, there may be problems with that which could come in useful. For now, though, I would just set the ball rolling by sending the CCA requests.

SH

PS Links -

CCA Request - allaboutDEBT UK

Bank Accounts - CCA Request (Part 1) - allaboutDEBT UK
          Last edited by ScabHunter; 18 May 2013, 14:41. Reason: Links

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
            As Deepie says, you need to get out of there quicker than an Arab jogging through Golders Green.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Parachute account = Urgently
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Mr - Boink, Welcome to AAD!
                Just wanted to wish you well with your UE route - if thats what you plan to do (it certainly sounds like you are preparing for that )
                From the diaries and other posts - fingers crossed you are in luck on the Barclays front . They aren't the sharpest of knives in the drawer, although their paper shredders seem to be pretty effective
                Good luck and may the force that is AAD be with you
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                X