GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Faxing DCA should I??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faxing DCA should I???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faxing DCA should I???

I have to send a letter to Marlin and rather than waste money on recorded delivery , as I have access to a fax machine ( it's in the office where I drop into from time to time and it's a fax only line !!!) I was wondering if I should use that.

It gives me proof of reciept stright away, what are peoples thoughts on this.

Re: Faxing DCA should I???

I have used a home fax before, but blocked incoming faxes, so they have replied by letter, not sure about using an office fax though.

Comment

I always thought that faxes weren't considered legal documents, although whether that would be an issue, I can't say.

I would be a little concerned as to whether the sent fax would show a stamp providing any details ie. fax number and/or senders name which could identify where you work?
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
        I always thought that faxes weren't considered legal documents, although whether that would be an issue, I can't say.

I would be a little concerned as to whether the sent fax would show a stamp providing any details ie. fax number and/or senders name which could identify where you work?
        I dont think that would be a issue on the legal front, as for the fax number I dont actually work there anymore and they all know about my interesting financial history

Comment

I know someone who always faxs just as i nearly always email then send a letter 2nd class with proof of posting. I add a read receipt although that doesnt always get you one

Comment

Interesting their fax number doesn't seem to work!!!!

Comment

Well it shows what a bunch of wankers Marlin are, their fax still isn't working. I even rang them up ( and no I didn't tell them who I was) and the girl said she would check on it and sort the problem.

Makes you wonder, if the reason is they dont want people to contact them so they can rush though to charging orders etc!!!

Comment

Working...
              X