GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Funnyfoot's thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funnyfoot's thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funnyfoot's thread

OK, so a friend at work has had a lot of debt, and has a small amount still existing.

I think it's a simple case of looking at if there is any PPI on the account and then claiming it back. But I've directed him here and suggested starting a thread. Until he does, I'll post what I'm advising him to do so that you lot can correct me if wrong.

First, I've told him to write down every debt he can think of, joine one of the credit reference agencies (and then cancel) so that he knows all of them, and then I've told him to write to them asking for a copy of the agreement (with £1) or a SAR (with £10) if he isn't sure and/ or if it's current debt.

Re: Funnyfoot's thread

Hmmm

To be honest mate it would make life soooo much easier if you ask him to post, the level of questions we'll fire back at you could actually have more of an adverse effect.

I would suggest he comes and joins and speaks to us...

As for above, well to be honest that would depend as well, i.e. why get a CCA if he is looking at just reclaiming? You don't need a SAR (at a cost of a tenner) if he want's to reclaim on live accounts as his statements will provide the info.

As I say mate, a lot to take in so might be best if he posts and literally lists the debts and any closed debts within say the last 3 years - then we can look at reclaiming, unless you're suggesting he is considering UE?

Cheers
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Funnyfoot's thread

Yes, I'll get him to post. I understand that most accounts are settled; but there are some live ones.

I've told him if he knows he's paying PPI, he just needs the £1 agreement letter. If he's not sure, he could do with an SAR.

He's not going to go down the UE route I don't think - but I have directed him here!
      Last edited by AnonymousA; 2 December 2012, 08:44.

Comment

Working...
      X