GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re: merchant rentals hire agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: merchant rentals hire agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: merchant rentals hire agreement

It seems that a lot of people are being caught out by these auto renew agreements with a prior notice to terminate on not less than 12 months and the extension period is 24 months....myself included, as I have just bumped heads initially with Merchant Rentals PLC.

Initial term of Contract end in November 2012, but because i haven't given the 12 month prior notice they expect to continue with full payment fof the next 24 months.

I took out the agreement in Nov 2009, for 3 Terminals (GPRS enabled) but had great problems getting Mobile GPRS coverage at the locations and after trying several differnt mobile networks eventually convinced Merchant Rentals PLC through Handypay that they were not fit for purpose and they supplied 2 new terminals that needed telephone lines, however I continued to pay the original rental agreement price as I was convinced at the time that I was locked into that price. The New Terminals have not been charged for (so Far) and the agreement for those starts in April 2010.

I want to get out of this agreement(s) , so how shoudl I proceed?

Originally posted by Micktheref View Post
    It seems that a lot of people are being caught out by these auto renew agreements with a prior notice to terminate on not less than 12 months and the extension period is 24 months....myself included, as I have just bumped heads initially with Merchant Rentals PLC.

Initial term of Contract end in November 2012, but because i haven't given the 12 month prior notice they expect to continue with full payment fof the next 24 months.

I took out the agreement in Nov 2009, for 3 Terminals (GPRS enabled) but had great problems getting Mobile GPRS coverage at the locations and after trying several differnt mobile networks eventually convinced Merchant Rentals PLC through Handypay that they were not fit for purpose and they supplied 2 new terminals that needed telephone lines, however I continued to pay the original rental agreement price as I was convinced at the time that I was locked into that price. The New Terminals have not been charged for (so Far) and the agreement for those starts in April 2010.

I want to get out of this agreement(s) , so how shoudl I proceed?
    hi and welcome
    we are in the same position as yourself we were took out our agreement for 3 years and have another 3 years contract on top because we didn't give 12 months notice.
    We phoned in july 2011 to tell them that in sept 2011 we were leaving the shop as the lease was up only to be told that we had another 36 months from november 2011 to pay, as we hadn't given 12 months notice!!. so O.H refused to pay, last letter recieved was october 2011 stating they wanted 430.00 from sovereign recoveries, they have sinced (so they say) got a ccj on the 9/02/12 although trust online still say no judgements when address and postcode are put in,they have now sent a high court enforcement bailiff to our home address to collect 1208.97 letter recieved today.
    the agreement states you are bound to the cca act 1974 if this is right then we have had no default notice any time to correct the account and also no papers were served to us from northampton.
    niddy do you think paul could look at this situation as i am more than happy to try and get a set aside if there is a ccj outstanding what do you think?
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Can you call Northampton bulk claims and see if there was judgment made against you on the date given?

They'll refer you to your local court most likely but it's a starting point. Ring the court and ask them. If they applied for ccj - trust online only shows the address you input, could they have got it at a different address maybe?

Point is, you'd need to have been served LBA, DN, TN, N1 etc - if none received they've got issues. As for HCEO - which firm is this and have they been or made a threat to call?

I've pm'd you Paul's email. Obviously this is IF they've made a claim against you. I find it hard to accept you never got ANYTHING sent through as the court itself sends a copy of the judgment; not the creditor.

Ring Bulk processing and check. In morning
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Can you call Northampton bulk claims and see if there was judgment made against you on the date given?

They'll refer you to your local court most likely but it's a starting point. Ring the court and ask them. If they applied for ccj - trust online only shows the address you input, could they have got it at a different address maybe?

Point is, you'd need to have been served LBA, DN, TN, N1 etc - if none received they've got issues. As for HCEO - which firm is this and have they been or made a threat to call?

I've pm'd you Paul's email. Obviously this is IF they've made a claim against you. I find it hard to accept you never got ANYTHING sent through as the court itself sends a copy of the judgment; not the creditor.

Ring Bulk processing and check. In morning
        niddy 100% have not recieved lba,dn,tn,n1 they said last october they were going to send high enforcement officers as i still have the emails i sent to you were they were threating to send one, so maybe they are still jumping the gun i don't know but tommorrow i will visit the local courts and ask if there is anything outstanding as we do have a few courts in our city

Comment

No ring Northampton bulk processing centre. It'll have originated there. Plus it'll be county court if at all (locally)...
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            No ring Northampton bulk processing centre. It'll have originated there. Plus it'll be county court if at all (locally)...
            rang northampton they couldn't help but gave the number for trust online so gave them a ring yes i ccj was granted in feb 2012 by merchant rentals even though it didn't show when i searched it.
            the judgement was for 689.00 the bailiff letter is for 1208.97
            what are the fees a bailiff can charge for a first letter
            any advice would be gratefull
            carol01
            Last edited by carol01; 10 October 2012, 10:58.

Comment

I think my situation is a bit different, as the original terminals were unsuitable for the locations they were being used at, and shoul never have been offered in the first please as they must check that the coverage Mobil GPRS was good enough for them to work. SAs they were not we got new terminals as replacements but told them at the time that we would only pay the initial agreement which we have honoured.

Comment

Working...
              X