GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need some help for my Ex - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help for my Ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help for my Ex

Hi I need to do something to help my ex on this one.
    Background is she has become less and less able to deal with her finances, she was getting a lot of late payment charges etc and it took me to set up minimum payment DD's for her to stop that, I beleive she is also paying some extra as well by means of SO

Anyway today I found a letter from ACE which is a catalogue debt
    Basically she hasn't paid since january and has been hit by lots of £20 default charges.
    The last letter i opened was a DN dated 16th June.
    Now I know it is faulty as it only gives her 14 days to remedy the breach (says 30th June) and came by TNT post .
    I have no idea when she opened this account and neither does she, sometime between 2003 and 2011.
    Her credit rating is probably fair with just a few late payments . But she says that she doesn't care about her credit rating which I find odd as up till now she has been very proud of how she had gaind credit since we split up.

My questions are
    If they have registered a default , can I get it removed as the DN is faulty
    Should I(she)send a cca request just in case it is pre 2007
    The debt is only 603 and she does have the money to pay it, so would it be an idea to offer a F&F on the understanding they remove the default (if there)

What does anyone think?

Re: Need some help for my Ex

They won't remove default mate. However a softly worded letter saying she's really ill along with an offer minus the charges to settle in exchange for removal does no harm.

I can do you a letter of you tell me the amounts involved etc
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I will try to work it out. Need to check how much the last payment was.
      I know it breaks all the rules but would it be worth calling them tomorrow and just saying that I have just become aware and am trying to sort something out or should I drop them a line?

Comment

Hi Niddy
        Well I have looked at the statements but alas I can only go back online to august last year which was ststement 25 so I am guessing that the account was opened in 2009
        There have been no default charges since 3/5 but there are 8 dated 25/8,22/9,17/11,15/12,12/01,8/3,5/4,3/5 all of £20 and a payment of 200 on 19/01
        the current balance is 603.28 .
        I have just spoken to her and she is willing to settle but would be easier over 3 months.
        If you need a sob story i can Pm you some details

Thanks very muich
        Jon

Comment

Finally spoke to Ace today who have set up a repayment plan and said i need to write in about the £180 of default charges. Also assured me that no default has yet been registered and the D/N was merely a tool. I know it was faulty but is that right. I think it is an understand practise.

Comment

they dont have to register a default when they serve a DN, it is used as a tool only sometimes.

Sometimes you get 2 or 3 DN's which clearly means they hadnt defaulted you prior to the last.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X