GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Continuous phone calls, but no letters? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuous phone calls, but no letters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous phone calls, but no letters?

My mother keeps getting phone calls nearly every other day from Allied International Credit asking her to ring them about a barclaycard debt.

She isnt going to do that, but has been waiting for a letter from them to respond to.

Its been 3 weeks now or thereabouts, not got one letter from them, just a barage of phonecalls.

Has anyone else had expierence where a DCA only ever rings and never actually writes to you?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Continuous phone calls, but no letters?

Give her a referee's whistle or a police whistle with which to deafen the buggers.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      My mother keeps getting phone calls nearly every other day from Allied International Credit asking her to ring them about a barclaycard debt.

She isnt going to do that, but has been waiting for a letter from them to respond to.

Its been 3 weeks now or thereabouts, not got one letter from them, just a barage of phonecalls.

Has anyone else had expierence where a DCA only ever rings and never actually writes to you?
      in the early days but they soon stop.......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        in the early days but they soon stop.......
        Whether or not one deafens them by means of a strident whistle?

Comment

lol whistle is a good idea.

She doesnt mind the calls if she isnt getting any letters from them, who says she has to be at home when they ring? but its baffling me as to why they havent demanded payment by letter when its obvious they are getting nowhere by phone.

Im tempted to send a CCA request, but i can only see that opening a hornets nest and then getting a barage of letters as well.

Comment

Or you could set up a message on her answering machine, saying that they have called "Wing Fung Chinese Lestaulant" and asking callers to "speak creary after beep".

Comment

Could this be about that Egg card belonging to your late father (or possibly your mother) in your other thread which was sold to Barclaycard recently?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Could this be about that Egg card belonging to your late father (or possibly your mother) in your other thread which was sold to Barclaycard recently?
                hmmm, i really dont know, its all way confusing.

The letter of assignment from BC about the egg card had the wrong account number on it, it showed her BC account number.

The letter she got about an account being assigned to AIC had her BC account number on it also.

Damn it planb you gone and made me even more confused now!! lol

Comment

hmmm, i really dont know, its all way confusing. Damn it planb you gone and made me even more confused now!! lol
                  It's what we women like to do

Comment

The only way to know is if i CCA request AIC, one way or another ill get something back lol.

Which ever debt was assigned to them, the other isnt being chased thats for sure! least im sure about something lol

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Or you could set up a message on her answering machine, saying that they have called "Wing Fung Chinese Lestaulant" and asking callers to "speak creary after beep".
                      I would like 1no4 2no6 and curry sauce
                      dank u crever crogs

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                        Probably best to wait till they put something in writing then you can send a suitable response depending on what they say either a 'prove it' letter, CCA request or Sold in Dispute - once they make it clear what they're on about.
                        They may already have sent something but, if those Amoral and Impudent Clots use UK Mail - as I seem to recall they do - their customary yellow postcard inside an envelope may arrive this month, next month or never.

Comment

I've had DCA's ringing constantly (several times a day) for weeks before they give up; probably on autodialler? Anyhow, you'll know a letter is winging its way when the phone goes quiet!
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

UK Fail Mail may be a bit less expensive than the Royal Mail, but they give a really appalling service.

The local NHS Trust tried using UK Mail for a little while, until they realised that at least half of the appointment letters were arriving up to two months after the appointment.

Comment

Well the nice scottish man who leaves a message from AIC asking to telephone regarding "personal business matters" has now decided to give up, and instead, my mother is getting 4 rings and hanging up. LOL aww i wanna hear from him again!!

Comment

Working...
                              X