GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script what next - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what next

Hi,

i joined today and need some advice. I was widowed in 2010, I have two teenage children to support and my husband cancelled the insurance on the mortgage and so I am also having to pay this on my own, I am only a teaching assistant and therefore do not earn very much, my wages basically just cover my mortgage, I am on benefits which helps. My main problem is the debts I have been left with, some are in my husbands name, some I admit are mine and others including a secured loan are in joint names however I don't remember signing this. I just need advice on the best way forward out of this mess as it is causing me stress at a time I could well do without it.

Re: what next

Welcome to AAD you have come to the right place, help will arrive, sort out what to whom if you have not done so and list in order then people can help where possible , you will not be alone, help as far as possible will be at hand.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi and welcome the ADD.

It would be helpful if you could break down the loans and tell us what type they are and which ones are yours, joint or in your husbands name.

I'm sure we can help.

Comment

Welcome from me too

To help us, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)

• Approx balance

• Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)

• Are you on arrangement or not paying

• Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)

• Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

welcome aboard, you have come to the right place and help will be along soon , just start the diary and see how that goes

Comment

Working...
          X