GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowells and 1st Credit Help please? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowells and 1st Credit Help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells and 1st Credit Help please?

Hi there, first post on here

I'll start by saying how much of a dope I have been with finances throughout my late teens and early twenties, not really having a care nor realizing the consequences of this!

My partner and I are expecting our first child in April and are also looking into the prospect of buying a house together in the next few years.

Currently my credit report is fair, with my current credit being kept up to date and 'green' (which I might add, I've noticed feels very rewarding to look at!) I have just had confirmation that we will be added to the electoral roll next month too.

My issue is with 2 previous debts, 1 of £259 which originated with T-mobile and was passed on to Lowells, and another of £347 which was from HSBC and passed on to 1st Credit.

The T-Mobile/Lowells debt was paid, in full, in June 2011 and is marked on my report as settled, the debt to 1st Credit was at £397 for some time, but I paid £50 to them last week, to start paying it off and agreed a £20 a month direct debit with them, however I have managed to arrange finances so I can afford £250/£300 at the start of February to offer as a Full & Final settlement.

Right that's my story, now this is where I would like help
    As I said before my partner and I are looking at getting a mortgage in the next couple of years so ideally I would like to get them removed from my file completely. What do you think the best method would be to approach this?

Many thanks in advance,

Richard.

Re: Lowells and 1st Credit Help please?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I don't know much about full and final settlements. Usually, it's advisable to start with a low amount, say 10% of the total but, as your credit report is 'green' and you're looking at getting a mortgage in the near future, it might be advisable to contact 1st credit to see if they'd accept £250 in full and final payment of the debt. Have a look at UPDATED - Full Final Settlements Explained - allaboutFORUMS

What is the debt showing as on your credit report at the moment? It won't be green if you've owed that amount for some time (how long?)

I don't think you can get the debts removed from the file completely.

I'm sure someone will be along tonight or tomorrow who will be able to offer you more help.

BTW congratulations on the baby and well done on getting your finances sorted.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Lowells and 1st Credit Help please?

You used to be able to do this. Not now after McGuffick v RBS which basically confirmed the lender could report the actual true status to the CRA's.

I can tell you now both firms you mention will refuse to remove the default even if you settled in full. However it will affect your chances of mortgage for the full 6yrs.

Sorry but I'm not going to bull shit you. That's the way it is now and really their only attack - to play childish games and leave erroneous data registered with the cra's.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X