GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard recording SB debt as up to date - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard recording SB debt as up to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard recording SB debt as up to date

I received an email alert from equifax that my credit file had a new entry, on checking it I found that there was a Barclaycard master loan registered on it as upto date and saying payments had been made since jan of this year.
    i have not made a payment to this account since may 2009, I requested a CCA in 2010 from Debt Managers, but received nothing and they wrote to say they had closed the account and returned it to barclays.

I contacted Equifax to say I did not have a current active loan account with Barclaycard and that as they were recording incorrect data I wished them to remove it,

They replied with' if you think this a a fraudulent account you are asked to contact Barclays',
    I replied with the following email;-

Thank you for your email

I am not happy with the response

If you check you will find that YOU are reporting incorrect data on my file.

the loan is showing as opened in 2000 repayments over 60 months not 15 years so it cannot be up to date with payments to start with

this account was originally defaulted in 2004 so no new reporting should be showing. It cannot have been defaulted 16 years ago and now be up to date if no payments have been made.

You as the data recorder have a duty to check that the information you record is correct.

I again ask for you to remove this incorrect report from my credit file.

I sent a SAR to Barclaycard some years ago they stated that they had sent all the information they had on any accounts I had with them. No Loan account was in the file they sent. I ask that you let me know where this information has suddenly appeared from, so I may seek legal advice re possible litigation for wrongful information being reported.

their reply today is as follows;-

Thank you for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with our service.

As previously advised we are unable to alter the information on the report. You will need to contact Barclays directly. They have responded to us requesting us to advise you to do so.

I'm sorry if this isnt the outcome you were looking for. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

any Idea what to do next??

do I write to Barclays and tell them it's SB, if so what's the address and how would I word it so not to admit to the debt
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Barclaycard recording SB debt as up to date

Yea just write to Barclays. Title it formal complaint. Then you've got recourse via FOS
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X