GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Notice of a new Barclays default on an account that has already been default over 6 years ago!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice of a new Barclays default on an account that has already been default over 6 years ago!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of a new Barclays default on an account that has already been default over 6 years ago!!!

Afternoon All

It's a long time since I've been on here and I must admit , I though my journey was nearly over.

Today I had a letter from Barclays saying that they had made a mistake and because of a CCA cock up they shouldn't have charged me interest and they have refunded it . The sting in the tail is they state that this till leaves me in arrears and they are going to update the credit record and leave the date of the original default but also register a new one!!!

The funny thing is , I cant find a record of the loan their chasing on my current credit report ( I assume the default has been removed due to time) and I'm certain I haven't made payments for over six years.

Also if you read the default notice it implies the loan agreement is now current again , because now can they terminate a terminated defaulted agreement.

Should I ask them for a payment as they have reported incorrect details for 6 years!!!

My head now hurts, what should I do?????

Re: Notice of a new Barclays default on an account that has already been default over 6 years ago!!!

Hmmm. Barclays seem to be doing some strange things at the moment ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post523924

I'll flag this up with those who know more than I do.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Notice of a new Barclays default on an account that has already been default over 6 years ago!!!

here are copies of the letters
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mgfboy; 27 August 2015, 15:47.

Comment

It's very strange!!!

Comment

They are reissuing a s87 default notice as presumably the details on any original were invalid due to this cock up.

They are not saying that they will register a new default on your credit file. s87 DN and a default on your credit file are different things.

In fact they are saying the credit file default date will remain and the balance will be updated.

As the default has dropped off your CRA file, then any update they send will never show.

Assuming you would have still been in arrears anyway, even without this interest being applied, then I doubt your credit file would have looked much different in the years before the original default dropped off.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about it I had the same ...they even give me £300 for my troubles

Comment

so what are they hoping to achieve by sending the letter , should I just ignore it, I really dont want to go though another round of people ring up etc ( even though they cant enforce anything)

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                I wouldn't worry too much about it I had the same ...they even give me £300 for my troubles
                Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                so what are they hoping to achieve by sending the letter , should I just ignore it, I really dont want to go though another round of people ring up etc ( even though they cant enforce anything)
                I just ignored it .......

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                  yes. Ignore it.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X