GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE Default Need help!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE Default Need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE Default Need help!!!

Hi there, I currently have a default with EE and I'm trying to get it removed. Basically the story is that I took a contract phone out for my sister in my name. She originally set up direct debit then cancelled in a few months in and didn't tell me, then by the end of the contract there was loads of missed payments and a bill that needed settling. It's been paid off in full and the account is cleared and closed now. I need help putting this into letter form as I'm terrible explaining things in a way to convince to get this default removed from my name. Also does anyone know if emailing the CEO works better than contacting the credit department of EE. All help is so appreciated.

Regards
    Lawrence

Re: EE Default Need help!!!

How quickly did you settle the account once you knew it was seriously in arrears?

Even if you did contact the CEO - phone: 0800 079 0032, email: olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk - I doubt that you could get it removed by any means short of voodoo.

Comment

Originally posted by mushtibator View Post
      I took a contract phone out for my sister in my name. She originally set up direct debit then cancelled in a few months in and didn't tell me, then by the end of the contract there was loads of missed payments and a bill that needed settling.
      If you took out the contract in your name then the mobile provider should have sent the monthly bills to you. That would mean you would have spotted any missed payments the minute they happened. Did your sister manage to suppress the billing in some way? Even setting up paper-free/online billing requires the input of the account holder (which was not your sister).

Most mobile companies will disconnect the phone after a couple of missed payments so how long did they let it run unpaid?

The account defaulted which gave you a default and I can't think of any reason why they would remove it from your file unless you can find a mistake made by them. If they let a third party (i.e. your sister) make any changes to the way you set up the account then you may be able to accuse them of a breach of the Data Protection Act and use that as a way to negotiate removal of the default.

You are a man and your sister is a woman so they can hardly say they thought she was you when they discussed the account with her can they?

Comment

I think the sister/brother thing is splitting hairs. Its quite easy to manage an account online, paperless billing etc, the only person at fault is the op for not keeping a check on the account. Which is understandable as you wouldn't expect a relative to put a default on your credit file. I have a phone contract in my name for my mother. People do it.

The real question is, what can we do about the default. I don't think you want to go down the DPA route, I doubt you wish to get your sister in trouble.

The fact of the matter is, they wont remove a default if you or anyone else in charge missed payments. The only way to remove it, is to say someone else took out a contract in your name, without your knowledge, and that's fraud, I cant see you wanting to take your sister down that route.

Personally, I cant see how you will get it removed, it will have to be something you learn from, and don't do it again moving forward.

Btw that's not a dig, its just my opinion.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X