GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Mission - Defaults on Credit File. Need Help with removal. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mission - Defaults on Credit File. Need Help with removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mission - Defaults on Credit File. Need Help with removal.

I will try and keep this first post as informative as possible; my intension is to use this as the start of my “mission”.

Firstly, Hello All

I have been following and reading hours worth on this Forum for about a week now and going to take the plunge into Removing Defaults and Cleaning my credit File once and for all, I plan to do everything I can to achieve this, and document the whole process on this thread.

For the last 6 or so years I have been well organised with my money and budgeting. Yet my Credit file is bad. The cause of all this can be attributed to 1 Year, when I was 19.

I have 4 Defaults on my Credit Files.

Lowell £450 - Default Start Date: Oct 2008 (Original a unpaid overdraft with HSBC)
    CapQuest £200 – Default Start Date: Unsure(Original a unpaid overdraft with Abbey)
    Mkdp Llp £250 – Default Start Date: April 2009 (Original a HSBC Credit Card)
    Lowell £400 – Default Start Date: May 2008 (Original a Capital One Credit Card)

Since move address I was completely unaware of what I actually had on my credit file, I just new I couldn’t get credit. Everything I now do with money is organised and on time. I want to get this early mess cleaned up once and for all. This is my personal mission, please help.

Is it best to leave the Defaults and let them drop off?

Can I get them removed early?

I will keep everyone up-to-date in this post with what happens, positive and negative along the way.

Thank you for all contributions.

Mightymouse.

Re: The Mission - Defaults on Credit File. Need Help with removal.

defaults stay on your file for 6 years (5 in Scotland) so you will have to wait for the defaults to drop off your Credit File, which looking at your dates mean you should be all clear in 12-14 months time

make sure anything else on your file that you make payments to are on time, and all should be fine,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: The Mission - Defaults on Credit File. Need Help with removal.

One you defaults is due to disappear soon (May) and the next in October. If you settle them, they will still remain but be marked satisfied. Not worth the hassle to be honest and I would just sit tight and wait for them to fall off if it was me
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X