GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script questions on removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions on removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on removal

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't find it.

Is a default removed from your credit file, 6 years after the date of the default or 6 years after the last payment into the account????

Re: questions on removal

6 years after the default date.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

At the end of the update period so it's usually the end of the month of the month of 6 years....

i.e. Defaulted Jan 20th 2007 would mean default drop's off by end of February 2013. You have to realise that if the account was defaulted say on the 20th, but then it was sold to a different DCA that updated their feed on say the 19th, you'd miss the January cut off so it'd occur the following month at the DCA's feed share.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My ones on Experian came off 6 years to the day (at least for the 2 I actually checked).

On Callcredit, they all came off 2 to 3 weeks BEFORE the 6 years were up.

Callcredit are odd though....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
          My ones on Experian came off 6 years to the day (at least for the 2 I actually checked).

On Callcredit, they all came off 2 to 3 weeks BEFORE the 6 years were up.

Callcredit are odd though....
          Equifax tend to use the automated feed. Its force of habit to expect a delay from default date to actual removal. But it can vary, your default owner may send a report to the cra on the date of removal or they use a system to do it for them.

Mine is still showing from Dec 27th (2006) on Experian and Equifax to Activ Capital (well it's not mine but appears at a linked address that isn't mine, you know the history lol) - I expect it to fall off next week and if not then by end of Feb - I'll let you know.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I know Equifax do things a bit different. I didn't bother checking with them as I know they come off late and so I would just get frustrated.

I seem to remember Experian saying that their own systems should ensure the default comes off exactly 6 years from the date. i.e. it doesn't matter what updates the lender sends, if the date is over 6 years then the default will not show regardless. If true, then you should perhaps be hassling them to ask why this one still shows for you.

I've certainly seen numerous anecdotal examples of Experian default coming off at exactly the 6 years point, so they clearly have something in place.

Comment

I know Equifax do things a bit different. I didn't bother checking with them as I know they come off late and so I would just get frustrated.

I seem to remember Experian saying that their own systems should ensure the default comes off exactly 6 years from the date. i.e. it doesn't matter what updates the lender sends, if the date is over 6 years then the default will not show regardless. If true, then you should perhaps be hassling them to ask why this one still shows for you.

I've certainly seen numerous anecdotal examples of Experian default coming off at exactly the 6 years point, so they clearly have something in place.
              I can't mate as I only get one update a month (Experian) and can't get it till after 20th so I'm saving it till 28th just to make sure - you're possibly right but I obviously ordered my file a week too early

It's still on Equifax

Comment

Whoops! Oh well.

I may make enquiries with Experian, as would be handy to know for sure....

Comment

Whoops! Oh well.

I may make enquiries with Experian, as would be handy to know for sure....
                  I think you're right - they have a system in place to detect expired entries whereas because it's owned by data analytics, it's an experian product and not available to Equifax?

Just a thought but it does add-up.

Comment

Higher up bods @ Experian have got back to me and confirmed that they do have systems in place to detect and removed expired CRA entries at midnight on the day they are meant to go.

Why Equifax are incapable of, or unwilling to, do the same is an interesting question.

Comment

Working...
                    X