GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script lender has no trace of me on system for a default or account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lender has no trace of me on system for a default or account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lender has no trace of me on system for a default or account

Hi all, Hope this site comes up trumps for me.

I had a vanquis credit card which i defaulted on for a few reasons which are in the past and sorted now. On my credit file they have entered a default against me, i have written to vanquis to ask as a good will gesture would they remove the adverse data (default) from my file as it is over 3 years old now. I have had 2 replies to 2 letters asking me for my account number. I phoned them up today and they could not find any trace of me on their system either through my name or address, where do i go from here and is this a way to have the default removed? the default is paid off in full 2 years ago.

Many thanks

Re: lender has no trace of me on system for a default or acc

Hiya

No. The default is there and will stay no matter what you do. It lasts 6yrs from the date of default. However if that's your only bad thing on your credit file I'd not worry cos lenders tend to search back 3yrs.

Sorry pointless arguing, I'd just forget it. Plus phoning achieves nothing - they need to agree in writing which they will never do. You did default, therefore they did default you and notified the cra's.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that mr cool, If i want to look over agreements or default notices they would surely have to provide me with them, as they cant provide me with any how can the default remain

Comment

Originally posted by maximus999
        Thanks for that mr cool, If i want to look over agreements or default notices they would surely have to provide me with them, as they cant provide me with any how can the default remain
        Hi, nope they do not have provide a copy of a default notice, it is deemed served if they can prove it was system generated. You need to read up on defaults, basically after the McGuffick case if an account is misrun then the lender can report the true actions of the account to the CRA's.

In this case, you can SAR the lender which should show certain things, but usually they withold sending a duplicate default notice - cos they can. Sorry, it is the way it is.

As I said, if you have no credit/limited credit and your credit file is clean for 3 whole years then the default will not have much impact on you, as most lenders systems are automated to check 3yrs, if no adverse is found they can make decision. If adverse is found they go back a full years. This decision and process takes a fraction of a second and you'll never know what search they done unless you have a previous address which is 3 years old, then you'd notice a search on both addresses suggesting a full 6yr search was performed. If they are happy with your credit file in general then there would be one entry at the current address only.

Thats an extreme example to help explain it to you.

p.s. my name is Niddy; not Mr Cool - Mr Cool is my avatar k .
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X