GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide CC kicking off - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide CC kicking off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide CC kicking off

Hope this is the right forum!

I'm already in the process of getting info from my credit report for this thread but the Nationwide Credit Card outfit are kicking off so would value some advice in the meantime.

July - no arrears
    20/8 partial payment of £70
    23/9 payment through CCCS of £67.60

Credit limit was £8150, balance was £8136.60 but now they've added interest (haven't responded to stopping interest) it's taken the balance to £8223.98. This includes a late payment fee and an overlimit fee of £12 a pop.

Their threat-o-matic has kicked in with another letter telling me that their collectors have been instructed to recover the debt and will be visiting my home. Plus mentioning that a Default Notice under s87 will follow unless I cough up. And they're asking me to phone them which I'm not going to. I have already asked them to remove all phone numbers from their system a while back, just in case ;30 No calls to date so I assume they have done as I asked.

For reference I received a Notice of sum in arrears letter dated 24th September and the Collectors letter dated 24th September.

I don't think I should throw them a CCA yet as I haven't had my credit report back but this card was taken out about 20 years ago so I would expect it to be UE. To be honest I'm undecided and morally uncertain about UE but I expect my mind could be changed depending on their actions. I certainly don't want any of my creditors adding interest and charges ad infinitum.

Would a no visit letter suffice at this point? They don't provide an address other then a PO Box. Can I send a tracked postal letter to a PO Box? Interesting to see that the CC statement says that any postal correspondence must be accompanied by a signature! ;LOL

And should there be anything else I can do?

Should their collectors try to get in touch should I be dealing with them or Nationwide CC themselves in terms of where to send correspondence?

Ta muchly.

Re: Nationwide CC kicking off

Hiya

You send the threat of doorstep visit to the people chasing you so it will be the new DCA. Due to the age of this; i'd be looking at UE - sod morals - you'll soon see the bank has none!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Banks have no morals? But in the adverts they are always smiling, looking so benign and sweet that you'd think they sweated sugar. ;30

The letter tells me it's 'their' collectors so I presume it's going to be an in-house outfit.

Can anyone confirm that you can send a recorded delivery to a PO box? Just in case I need to correspond with Nationwide themselves?

Comment

Yes it's no problem sending letters to a PO Box address recorded delivery.

I've sent a lot & they have always been signed for. k

Comment

Working...
        X